dock panfish action 11-20

• MTPilgrim
    Minneapolis Minnesocold

Hit the docks again saturday, the bite was better later in the day, I started out finessing some gills with a tiny heavy metal tungsen jig tipped with a nuggie tail.
    When the slabs started moving in, I upsized to a 1/32 oz eye candy with a red glow jumbo wedgie. They were hitting pretty hard when they came through, so larger summer time plastics probably would have produced too.

“iceless” ice fishing

Some nice slabs and Gills too!

xrap
    South Mpls.

He looks like he’s at Watergate Marina fishing B&C dock and D&E dock and yes if the weather warms up you to can fish the docks down there. Its a mid day to afternoon bite you want to fish north side of the docks where the fingers meet up with the main part of the dock you can catch sunnys , slabs and walleyes hang in there also.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’m pretty sure he was at Red Wing…probably Baypoint.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah, unless you have a slip, I don’t think you can go into Watergate, even though I believe it is owned by the city I believe. Makes sense, because people pay for protection from theft.

xrap
    South Mpls.

Well as long as all the boats are gone they will let you fish off the docks as long as you don’t leave trash and clean up after your selfs and park in the parking lot. I know because this is where I fish in the fall and spring and yes it is a good place to fish during ice season and like I said before you want to fish the docks B&C and D&E and they the one closest to the parking lot…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hmm, I may have to check that out. I always wanted to try ice fishing the backwater just upstream there. Ever tried that spot?

Do you fish the marina when there is ice on it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.