Metro panfish….well not really

• Bob Bowman
    MN

After getting home from the sturgeon trip the boys were fired up to get out and pound on some panfish. The week prior to heading north the bays down here in the metro were almost up to 60 degrees and the panfish where everywhere and very willing to keep a 5 year old more then interested. When we slid back into the bay the water temp had dropped down into the low 50’s and the water was gin clear. The piles of crappies were gone and the bass had taken their place. We worked all over the bay and just could not find a single panfish. Alex and Ben had a good time catching bass and Steve and I got to enjoy a great afternoon on the water with our kids. I will be sticking close to home with the kids this weekend chasing panfish. Good luck this weekend and have a safe opener

Steve, I know you have a few good pic’s that Ben took

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Looks like the yung’uns had a blast. Did the adults happen to catch a fish??

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Looks like the yung’uns had a blast. Did the adults happen to catch a fish??

That does not happen until June

We spent most of the time baiting hooks, unhooking fish, and laughing our butts off at the funny things the kids came up with.

Anyone know what kind of cheese the moon is made out of

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

There it is
    Great job Bob, looked like a stellar day. Soon enough that bending spinning rod will be replaced by a big ol Loomis Cool pic!

Bleu moon cheese of course

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

What a blast!!!

My boat found the same conditions/changes as you. Before the Excursion Tyler and I spent the whole afternoon in one spot and used a full scoop of minnows. The action was nonstop.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Great pictures! Looks like you all had a fun time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.