Pool 10 Get-together

• birdman
    Lancaster, WI

On Saturday March 15th a few of us FTRers are getting together for some ice fishing at Praire du Chien. We plan on starting at 7:00am at a site to be determined. (waiting to see what ice conditions will be) Who’s all interested in joining in on the fun?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I wouldn’t miss it !!

teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

If I can make it, I’d love to be there and show all you guys my raw, fish catching glory

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Count me in. I could use the education.

superdave
    NE IA

Im there, unless work conflicts. I’d like to pick some of you guys brains. ecnook, you seem to be the local expert, where they gonna be biting at then? My votes on ambro, plenty of places to try there. I hope to get up there on sunday or monday. It’d be great to put names and faces together.
    Dave

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

el~loco yes !!!!

expert long way from it !!!

It will be good to meet up with some new faces ,,,,

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

As much as I like you guys, my baby’s first birthday will take precedence.

Give ’em hell for me, though.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

I wouldnt miss it for the world count me in Im due for some action its been a while if you know what I mean where we plan on going let me know
    Buzzer

basspack
    PdC, WI.

I would love to do it, but we have USA wrestling regionals at Westby that day and I coach the PdC kids. Have fun guys.

kapnjim

I am interested. I was planning on being over there that day anyway. It will be my first time ice fishing the Mississippi this year. I would enjoy meeting some of you.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Buzzer, the exact location will be determined Thursday before that weekend. EC is the resident expert and I have every confidence he’ll not only put us where the fish are but also in an area where it is safe. This time of year ice conditions can change rapidly, that’s why the exact location won’t be determined until Thursday.

kapnjim

When you pick the spot, can you post some directions. Some of us may be coming from quite a distance and have a hard time finding the Lynxville dam in the day light with a GPS unit.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Keep your eyes peeled to this post .Thursday or Friday I’ll post a location and directions.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

If we get there, what should we bring for gear? Tents, 4-wheeler, stun gun? wife NOOOOO!!!!! She is standing behind me.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Keep an eye on the weather…right now it looks like it could be in the 50’s. and by all means bring the 4 wheeler…..and the wife too……

i believe we should be cooking out on the ice too

herb
    6ft under

Correction Mister-I beleive you should be cooking out on the ice so the rest of us will have half a chance to catch some fish. How do the rest of you feel about that?

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

I here that ec is a gooooooooooood cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!But you still may want to bring a boat just in case the eyes are hitting.

P.S.Keep ec away from the Bud Light untill he is done cooking,

Len

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

trying to send u a message on the pm. let me know if you got any of them.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Got it, bud.

With the kid’s birthday this weekend, maybe we’ll have to have our own road trip.

teamvexilar

Sorry guys, I won’t be able to make it . I’ve got family coming down from Green Bay and it just ain’t gonna happen. I figure if you all catch a fish for me and there’s 25 guys goin, thats a limit in my name hehehe…
    Have a good time though, weather is supposed to be great

Keep Pullin em’ out
    Vex

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

If Ecnook says he has a “hot/safe” spot and then proceeds to tell you to lay on your ottersled with your upper body and push on the ice with your feet (to distribute your weight)……look out!!! He has been known to try crazy things to get to that hot bite!!!! Good Luck and be safe guys. Bring the sunscreen. The raccoon eyes will give you away if you’re suppose to be somewhere else!

Quick funny story…..years ago in high school, a buddy of mine on the basketball team with me was “sick” and didn’t come to school, which meant he missed practice. He showed up the next day and had one of the worst sun burns from icefishing all day! He had wore sunglasses and looked like he fell asleep in a fake bake for hours!!! Needless to say the coach of the b-ball team was not happy as he missed a practice a couple days before a big playoff game! He sure looked funny!

teamvexilar

While you guys are catchin all the fish, i’ll be cheerin my RC girls on at state at the Kohl Center. Go RC!

herb
    6ft under

Good luck to the RC Girls.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.