2/20/2003 – Mississippi River Pool 10 by Dave Koonce

• Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Hey, is that a Viking purple Otter in the background I see?

Looks like sloppy mess out there.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

It was so windy I didn’t dare set it up for pix…I had the main frame extended but collapsed….a gust of wind came up and flipped it completely over

teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

I went to Stoddard on friday, and got there about 8:30 and there was already a sizeable amount of people there. If you go, your gonna be fishin in 15-20 feet of water. Some of my buddies set up a deadpole with a crappie minnow on it and were runnin out there to get it about ever 10 minutes or so. I got in a hot hole at about 9:30 and caught 6 8 inch blue gills and 3 12+ inch crappies! One of the big hawgs plinked my line off at the top of the hole and I swear I must have reached my arm all the way down that 18 inches of ice and I grabbed him. I wasn’t concerned about gettin him, I just wanted my pink rambrandt back . I ended up with 13 big gills and 6 nice crappies, none under 9 1/2 inches.

saugeye
    McAllen, TX

I fished Lil MO, Big MO and Spring Lake area all day Saturday and Sunday AM. Caught about 30 nice gills ranging from 8-9″. Lots of little ones too. Had to work hard for them jumping from hole to hole. The best bite seemed to be the 1-5pm time frame. Green/yellow seemed to be the color that worked for me.

Saugeye

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.