Otter 2020/21 new products

• sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

9am today, stay tuned!

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

So the new houses just got a color change with an included beacon? Please correct me if I am wrong. The new rod boxes looks awesome but if they did not incorporate the ability to mount the new rod boxes (molded into the boxes) onto the side of your monster box, they missed that mark. No reason to go away from the innovations case if mounting doesnt come with the box. What does the bottom of the rod boxes look like and/or how would you end up mounting it to the monster box?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sidekick is nice if you don’t already own a Caddy, the rodboxes are overkill imo and insanely priced, i’m thinking the original Sportman’s Rodcase will become high in demand now.

I did see somebody from Otter say the new rodboxes have a monsterbox bracket sold separately

Blair

Otter does sell a bracket to mount your own accessories to the monster box. I will likely have to bite the price tag for one of these new rod lockers but hoping I can see one in person prior to ordering. They seem a bit heavy too. I do not like folding down the handles on my reels and I like 42″ rods for lake trout where I fish. It looks like these new ones will allow for both.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

the rodboxes are overkill imo and insanely priced, i’m thinking the original Sportman’s Rodcase will become high in demand now.

You could be right about the old Sportsman’s case being in higher demand now, especially since it looks like they no longer offer them.

I checked their website and unless I’m missing something, I do not see them listed anymore. Only the new generation.

Which may work in my favor since I have one I’m going to sell being I hardly ever used it.

“Gently used” and at a substantial discount.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

My only wish list from Otter is that they make a new sled shack that fits comfortably underneath most tonneau covers. My Cabin Pro X-over needs to lose like 3 inches to slide in and out no problem. When they make that is the day I’ll shell out for another shack, and happily.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

pretty sure I seen the beacon is sold separately. But I may be wrong

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Now with the flag and beacon! How will we know it is not an Ice Castle? The beacon is sold as a separate $40 option.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I think we may have reached a point where we don’t see any earth shattering new products for awhile. I think companies are just expanding/upgrading current products. You see this from time to time in all consumer products, where the market sort of runs out of new ideas because they have caught up to the latest in technology. It will take some sort of new development to really spark a wave of new innovations. That and the whole COVID thing probably didn’t help either.

Cameron white

Those rod cases are at a crazy price point. Otter missed the mark completely on those.

curleytail

Those rod cases are at a crazy price point. Otter missed the mark completely on those.

But, but, but, they have a built in lid ruler!

The 40 sizes have a claimed weight 16 and 17 pounds. For the mobile angler I guess… Other than having to fold my handles in, I’ve never had an issue with my Flambeau tactical case I got on sale for $25. I love my Otter shacks and think they are some of the best made but they seem a little extra proud of some of their accessories.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think we may have reached a point where we don’t see any earth shattering new products for awhile. I think companies are just expanding/upgrading current products. You see this from time to time in all consumer products, where the market sort of runs out of new ideas because they have caught up to the latest in technology. It will take some sort of new development to really spark a wave of new innovations. That and the whole COVID thing probably didn’t help either.

The R&D will always continue and most companies have a 2-3 year roadmap of product released already scheduled, you’ll just see less inventory to reduce year-end loss, so once items sell out, they are done until next season…

bfishn

Yeah some of these rod cases are getting a bit ridiculous. Glad I have the original otter case for my otter box. When I’m not on my atv I use a cheap scheels hard case, Haven’t broke a rod yet.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

You’d need a smitty sled for the 48…

Christopher Bruce

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    the rodboxes are overkill imo and insanely priced, i’m thinking the original Sportman’s Rodcase will become high in demand now.

You could be right about the old Sportsman’s case being in higher demand now, especially since it looks like they no longer offer them.

I checked their website and unless I’m missing something, I do not see them listed anymore. Only the new generation.

Which may work in my favor since I have one I’m going to sell being I hardly ever used it.

“Gently used” and at a substantial discount.

I am in the market to purchase an otter sportsmans rod case. shoot me an email. [email protected]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.