Ohtani thing getting good.

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Big numbers starting to come out now about the interrupter’s betting life. 19,000 bets. $16 million stolen from Ohtanis account. Nearly $200 million bet.

More to come.

Riverrat

When you make so much money you don’t notice 16 mil missing you either make too much or are doing a great Pete Rose impression.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

When you make so much money you don’t notice 16 mil missing you either make too much or are doing a great Pete Rose impression.

Agreed although they say he makes boatloads of money in Japan on endorsements. But yes this doesn’t seem to even be remotely possible to the average guy.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Scummy people always get to greedy

JoeMX1825
    MN

no way Ohtani isn’t involved, this is all a fallguy situation for the interpreter…check on him in a few years living on a beach on some tropic island…

MLB wants this swept under the rug and forgotten about asap, Ohtani is their golden boy to growing the game internationally…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Scummy people always get to greedy

There was no greed here. The interrupter got caught up in a FBI bookie investigation in California. The weird thing is that he had total access to Ohtani’s money…………or so it seems.

There are a lot of unanswered questions but for now it seems MLB is convinced that Ohtani hasn’t been betting.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Mayhaps he should learn the English language if he’s here making all that American money.

Just sayin. coffee

Umy
    South Metro

SPOT ON Glenn!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The only difference between Pete Rose and this chump…is an “interpreter”

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I find it hard to believe he had no involvement in it too but the interpreter was apparently changing settings on accounts so Ohtani wasn’t receiving notifications on transactions. Still, how do give that much power to one person? Also, obviously not looking at your own accounts on a regular basis to not notice large sums missing.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2075.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Mayhaps he should learn the English language if he’s here making all that American money.

Just sayin. coffee

I have far less of a problem with someone who’s here EARNING his money and not speaking the language well, than I do those here getting free money and not speaking the language. Average income people get so wrapped up in the amount of money that rich people spend on things and amounts they bet.You have to put it into perspective. Losing or spending Millions for some of these guys is like an average person spending 25,000 on a boat or dropping 100 $’s a few nights a week on pull tabs.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Thumper my point has absolutely nothing to do with what you’re saying.

The guys been here awhile speak and or understand the language, you don’t need an interpretor.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thumper my point has absolutely nothing to do with what you’re saying.

The guys been here awhile speak and or understand the language, you don’t need an interpretor.

In Ohtani’s case he’s been here 7 years. He isn’t a dumb guy. There is no doubt in my mind he uses the language barrier to avoid questions or give basic answers. But then again i’ve never tried to have a conversation with him. grin

Jimmy Jones

Just sayin. coffee

This gets right back to basic immigration requirements…. or should be basic immigration requirements. No speakie or write or read da Englis, no commie here.

This language barrier bs is costly to the US. When they’re lined up at the application line an English literacy screening should be the first of the first screenings done.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

Use Kirill Kaprizov as a example. When he came to the wild he couldn’t speak English. Over the years he has been working on his English and is getting better. The biggest thing is at least he is trying.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Glad the FBI is setting up stings like this… you know, because of all their “ongoing investigations” that they cannot talk about… this one they can evidently. coffee

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I sure hope none of you IDO’ers would be engaging in illegal sports gambling… whistling

CaptainMusky

This gets right back to basic immigration requirements…. or should be basic immigration requirements. No speakie or write or read da Englis, no commie here.

I was in my truck at work and these two hispanics drove up and parked next to me. One got out so I rolled down my window. He says “application?” I said all our openings are posted online and you have to apply that way. The other dude comes out of the car and doesnt say a word. Guessing doesnt speak a lick of english. There would definitely be VERY few jobs at my company for these two guys. The only exception would be the warehouse, but I know they are not hiring. I sent them to the front desk to pester the receptionist but I am sure she sent them packing. Glad they are looking for work. I can almost guarantee they were illegals.

Riverrat

Go to even one English as a second language class and you will quickly realize how inept at grammar and speech the average American is.

Johnny

If this was an immigration requirement, many of our own ancestors would not have been able to immigrate into this country and some of us wouldn’t be here today.

Hell, a chunk of the people on this site can’t even write proper English. I’d guarantee many on this site would not pass the US Citizenship test.

JEREMY
    BP

Maybe that would be a good thing.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Fortunately I don’t have to. coffee

CaptainMusky

You cannot compare immigration from when our ancestors came here to what is going on with the border invasion now. Hundreds of years ago they were promised land, etc for coming to the New World. They came here legally and assimilated. These invaders are coming in illegally and NOT assimilating.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The difference isn’t in the people wanting in the country. The difference is in how they are processed and accepted.

Ellis Island isn’t in the Texas border.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.