Fishing near Columbus Ne.

• trehundo
    Omaha, Ne

Does anyone know of any good places to fish other than the tailraces? I am working up there and have 3-4 hours a night to kill. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Quote:

Does anyone know of any good places to fish other than the tailraces? I am working up there and have 3-4 hours a night to kill. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well it’s about time you joined IDO. Welcome to the board and as far as your question goes – I don’t know!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

There are some really decent cats in the river up there. That’s all I know about the area.

WELCOME TO IDO

walleye4
    On the Water

Quote:

There is a nice little lake in Columbus. Not sure where it is but have seen the reports on other forums. Also, Fremont lakes is only about 40 miles or so east and there is decent fishing in there.

trehundo
    Omaha, Ne

Thanks I know where the lake is, actually there are a couple of them just north about 5 miles. I will let you know how I do.

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

I really like the powerhouse, where lost creek dumps in, better than the tailrace. Lake North had some brushpiles at the south end once the crappie liked in the spring but I’m not sure what its like in the summer. Maybe too much boat traffic? Other than finding access to the river, canal, or a pond I think that’s about it right around Columbus>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.