Muzzy season

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

This Saturday is the opening of muzzy season. Since I only have one doe with the bow in the freezer I will be out all 3 weekends at the farm and every day, morning or night at home. Still looking for Big John.

Anyone else muzzy hunting?

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I will be looking for a doe or two. I enjoy using a smoke pole more than my rifle.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Heading to central Minnesota early Friday morning. Hope to get in a mix of smokepole hunting and ice fishing. I’ve had a great season already, so this season is more about spending time with the buddies and helping them fill their freezers. I got permission to hunt 2 new properties, so I am looking forward to that. I really enjoy hunting new land. Its fun to me to have to figure out the movements on new land. Some fresh snow in the area today should help a lot with that. unless the buddies want/need help filling their tags it big buck only for me the rest of the season. It sure would be nice to finish my great season with getting my hands on some monster antlers. I almost said BIG RACK but knew where that would go !!!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I will be looking for a doe or two. I enjoy using a smoke pole more than my rifle.

I with you on this one. Although I look forward to rifle season every year. Its the muzzleloader season that we have the most fun. We tend to take the muzzleloader season a little more laid back. Short sits in the morning and evening. Hunt closer to where I stay so don’t have to be up as early to make the hr. drive to our normal hunting land. I also have a lot easier time getting permission to hunt new properties so that is way cool. Good luck to all and be safe.

sticker

I agree 100% on the muzzy over rifle. Actually like the bow the best. I used to get really jacked up for rifle season, but now it’s more tradition for me and I look forward to getting to the muzzy or back to the bow. Lots of deer hitting the brassica and beans at our farm, just a matter of being there when Big John is.

sktrwx2200

Sticker,
    So the deer returned to your property then?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Got the bow and smoke pole packed, will buy a muzzy license Friday if I don’t get one with the bow first

sticker

Sticker,
    So the deer returned to your property then?

Not at my 11 acres at home, no, not really. I saw the one doe come in on Sunday night, had 4 trail cams pics during the weekend. She was the only deer in 3 of them and a cruising small buck in the other. Still a ton of beans on the stalks at home with very little activity. They have been at the farm 240 acres all season. Lots of deer at the farm, but it’s one deer only up there so holding out for Big John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.