Morris Point

• Rusty21

Hey All, I am heading up to Morris Point this weekend and I am curious if anyone has an up to date fishing report?

It sounds like there are some terrible ice conditions in the shallower water, but I am hopeful that this cold spell will move the the walleyes into the deeper water that is more conducive to fishing. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I havent heard anything from Morris Pt. but I did just hear from some friends fishing out of arnesen’s a bit further north and west that fid really well the last couple days. I believe they fished 12 mile reef and 25 foot of water was where they found the best bite. They had a nice batch of walleye with limits of eaters and some big fish in the mix.

jech84

Good to hear the bite is picking up! Headed to LOTW this weekend as well for my first ice fishing of the season. Can’t wait to wack a couple walleyes! toast and drink a few Molsons…

shockers
    Rochester

Just got back from fishing Monday and Tuesday out of Kenmarke, which is near Morris. Slowest I’ve ever experienced. Everyone we spoke with said same thing. Though apparently better toward warroad. We went deeper 2nd day (33 feet I think). So I’d say try deeper if you are at Morris. Heck if I know. I threw everything at em. good luck.

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

Just got back fished out of Arnesen’s for 3 days on 12 mile in 29 ft and had a steady bite from 9:30 am to 2:30 in the afternoon. A couple flurries of fish later but there was really no bite for us after 2:30 pm and we wouldn’t even mark fish until 9 am. Lots of small fish but we were able to keep some nice eaters in the 14 to 16″ range and got a few nice perch to go with them. Biggest walleye was a 25″er.

Rusty21

Did you guys use rattle reels at night at all?

Surprisingly enough, we caught some of our better walleyes late at night with the rattle reels last year.

I also have had success with pike in the spring with laying a frozen herring on the bottom. I am curious if people have had success with frozen herring this time of year..?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.