Bullheads in the SE metro??

• ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Hey guys, I am looking for a new spot in the SE metro to catch some bullheads. My spot now has been tough for any fish with size. I live in St paul park and just dont want to drive too far if I dont have to. Thanks a ton for any help! I have spent more time trying to catch bait the last two day than using them it seem like

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Ever try Centenial Park on France Ave and 494??????

There is a small, man made pond that is FULL of bullheads and bluegills……..the fish are stunted, but are in there by the millions………

gary_wellman
    South Metro

all you need is a loaf of bread.

Break off a bunch of chunks and start chumming……the bluegills will feed on the top like a herd of piranas!!!!!!

The bullheads are usually right under them!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Joe,

I got a pond right next to my house that is loaded with them as well. They are of the smaller size from what I see though. But the surface is just black with clouds of them certain times of the year.
    Call me on my cell if you are interested.

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Thanks guys! I tryed to chum a little with corn but it ended up bringing in a ton of fatheads. I was actually catching some of them Thinking about using a minnow trap and just weeding them out. I know theres nice ones in there and the kitties love the flavor of these ones for some reason

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Gary is right. There are lots of bullheads in Centenial Lakes Park. 76th and France Ave so. And there are a few but not many big gills. And lots of little ones. Fun for the kids!! There are also bullheads in Minneahaha Creek next to my house. I used those last year for cattin’ on the Minnesota River. Worked great for flats!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.