MN Boys HS hockey – postseason

• Fishing59

Gummie I agree also they should do that to Nanne. I know he has done it for years but enough is enough. They have to put Nanne out to pasture!!!

Angler II

Gummie I agree also they should do that to Nanne. I know he has done it for years but enough is enough. They have to put Nanne out to pasture!!!

No freaking way. Nanne is an icon. I’ll really miss him announcing these games when he’s gone.

Fishing59

In his own mind. Time to move on.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I do think that Nanne is a hockey icon, but he’s clearly losing it mentally. His commentary is slow and irrelevant at times. They can come up with someone better at this point.

When he’s a guest on KFAN, you can barely understand him.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yea some day you guys are gonna get old like Lou and sound the same way and people will talk about you that way too!! devil woot rotflol rotflol whistling

Fishing59

I’m not on TV telling stories that we already have heard before. My kids already give me a hard time being old.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Lou is painful sometimes but I feel like it’s high school hockey let him have his time. Definitely iconic. So did poly met get purchased by this new range mining company or did they just change their name???

ThunderLund78

Nanne is the the Sid Hartman of MN Hockey, he’ll be there until he can’t and that’s the way it should be.

CaptainMusky

I really wish they could persuade Doc Emerick to do the tourney. He said it was on his bucket list many years ago and he would do it if his schedule allowed and now he is retired. Get that man in here!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I would worry more about the officiating than Nanne. How can a kid slash and break his opponent’s stick while setting up for a face off and not get a penalty when the ref at center ice has a clear view of it. Oh, it’s because the game was tied with ~40 seconds left in regulation. Or my favorites, don’t call another clear penalty on a team that is a man down or interfering with a player “before” he plays the puck.
    OK, guys, let the criticism flow!! Got to get you guys going on a Friday morning. lol

Gitchi Gummi

That’d be awesome if Doc got in on the state tourney. I think Lou should still be in the booth but just as the 3rd guy chipping in some commentary here and there rather than being one of the two pillars of the broadcast like he is now. Regardless, Lou is a hockey legend and the MN state hockey tournament has been lucky to have him all these years.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I really wish they could persuade Doc Emerick to do the tourney.

Emerick wouldn’t replace Nanne. Emerick would replace Jim Erickson, who does a fine job. You can’t have two announcers and no analyst. If you had Erickson, Emerick, and Nanne…Nanne would sound like a bum compared to Emerick when commentating.

At one point, Gary Thorne did the announcing. I don’t remember who the analyst was with him in the booth though.

CaptainMusky

Oh I know he wouldnt replace Lou. Erickson does fine, but Emerick is a legend. Loved it when Gary Thorne did it. That was fantastic.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Oh I know he wouldnt replace Lou. Erickson does fine, but Emerick is a legend. Loved it when Gary Thorne did it. That was fantastic.

I think he only did it for one year too.

CaptainMusky

Right he did. I am not talking long term just a one time deal. It would be awesome. Even if he just did the championship game for AA that would be awesome.

Brittman

Nanne is still OK and old school. He sure did not like the level of play in the Edina – Moorhead game.

He truly is EDINA. Every Day I Need Attention. jester

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

You guys complaining about Lou, why not come down to the X live and then you don’t have to put up with announcers? The games have been great.

I would worry more about the officiating than Nanne. How can a kid slash and break his opponent’s stick while setting up for a face off and not get a penalty when the ref at center ice has a clear view of it. Oh, it’s because the game was tied with ~40 seconds left in regulation. Or my favorites, don’t call another clear penalty on a team that is a man down or interfering with a player “before” he plays the puck.

There have been a number of clear misses by the officiating crews. Is it worse than other years?

Just last night in the Hill vs Minnetonka, the whole officiating crew missed that the puck went WAY up in the netting and they failed to blow play dead and allowed play to continue after the puck came down from on high. This was not an easy mistake to make, the puck almost cleared the top of the net, so the hang time alone should have told the officials that the puck had left the play area and hit the net.

The slash was a clear swallow-the-whistle move in a close game and that kind of stuff happens at every level and I just don’t get it.

CaptainMusky

I would worry more about the officiating than Nanne.

Why that kid got a penalty for celebrating a goal in front of the opponents student section is a head scratcher for me. We have gotten far too soft.

Justin riegel

Great tourney so far, just looked into possibly getting tickets for the championship tomorrow and they are $85 a seat. that is just crazy. The $10 section tickets are steal at that rate.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I really wish they could persuade Doc Emerick to do the tourney. He said it was on his bucket list many years ago and he would do it if his schedule allowed and now he is retired. Get that man in here!

Ew no. Keep it MN and keep it tradition. Not a doc fan.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

just looked into possibly getting tickets for the championship tomorrow and they are $85 a seat

The face value is 8 bucks too. Or at least it was when I last went about 8 years ago. Ridiculous markup.

CaptainMusky

Ew no. Keep it MN and keep it tradition. Not a doc fan.

Doc is the best there is. There will be no one better. Im not talking a permanent change anyone, just a one and done like Gary Thorne did. If you watched then it was fantastic. They even showed highlights on ESPN from the tourney because he did it. Having Doc do it would certainly bring more attention to the tourney.

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin riegel wrote:</div>
    just looked into possibly getting tickets for the championship tomorrow and they are $85 a seat

The face value is 8 bucks too. Or at least it was when I last went about 8 years ago. Ridiculous markup.

I just saw they sell some tomorrow on first com first served basis. face value is $20 per adult and $12 per kid.

Brittman

Doesn’t Nanne only cover the AA games ?

Gitchi Gummi

Doesn’t Nanne only cover the AA games ?

yes, only AA. why would he want to call A games when theres no edina?

Brittman

The A championship game will be pretty much “pick your seat” even with Warroad and Mahtomedi (entire towns will be there) in the final. Just avoid being too close to the student sections unless you want to stand.

Brittman

So those of you close enough to MN hockey catch the dig Parrish had on one of Hill’s player’s parents (who Parrish skated with at St Cloud) ??

The dig was on the dad’s reluctance to pass the puck when they were Huskies … curious if they are friends or if it was truly a deeper dig.

Side note: Found it interesting that a former Mr Hockey and White Bear Alum’s son was wearing the Pioneer jersey last night.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 217 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.