MN Boys HS hockey – postseason

• CaptainMusky
    Participant

The dig was on the dad’s reluctance to pass the puck when they were Huskies … curious if they are friends or if it was truly a deeper dig.

I didnt hear it, but Im sure it was just a subtle jab. Parrish doesnt seem to have any enemies.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I just saw they sell some tomorrow on first com first served basis. face value is $20 per adult and $12 per kid.

Gotcha. Still a pretty good deal if its a “session” ticket that includes two games, or one championship game…compared to the cost of a Wild ticket at least. I do believe that those are returned student tickets though, so you may end up in that specific section.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

So those of you close enough to MN hockey catch the dig Parrish had on one of Hill’s player’s parents (who Parrish skated with at St Cloud) ??

The dig was on the dad’s reluctance to pass the puck when they were Huskies … curious if they are friends or if it was truly a deeper dig.

I heard that last night in the HM-Tonka game. It references the Sampair family, who Parrish played with (Brandon) when he was at St Cloud.

I do not know what that is all about, but I did hear the jab about it during that game.

Parrish is kind of a tool. He loves the sound of his own voice. The only reason they use him is because he is etched into state hockey tourney lore as a former member of the Jefferson Jaguars.

Brittman
    Participant

Parrish played >700 games over 11 years in the NHL (albeit with quite a few teams).

I am refraining from mentioning the last names of these HS players (boys) because of the actions or backgrounds of their daddies or other relatives.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Parrish played >700 games over 11 years in the NHL

That has no relevance to a high school hockey tournament.

His experience in the NHL is why he works for Bally Sports North covering the Wild.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

hey Gim…hope ya didnt miss the awards for the hockey hair!!!!!! devil rotflol rotflol

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Orono making this interesting! I expected Warroad to steamroll them. I think they overlooked Orono.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Warroad looks tired in the OT.. doah

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Haha oh ya I saw the hockey hair thing. They called that one creeper from “children of the corn.” devil

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Yeah that skullett was kinda gross, but the kid rocked it.

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

Warroad looks tired in the OT.. doah

For sure, lots of chasing of puck.

blackbay
    Participant
    mn

Lots of super close games so far.

Brittman
    Participant

Former NHLer and current hockey analyst not mattering for helping in the MN HS Hockey Tourney. Well OK then roll

Parrish just did not play in the tournament .. Bloomington won back-to-back championships when he was on their roster. Unlike some HS stars he only built on his ability to play at the next level … vs. Mr. hat trick (a year later)

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I thought Orono was gonna pull it off there! Warroad still in it.

Brittman
    Participant

Warroad put the sleep hold on Orono and then came out clicking in the 2nd OT.

If the two A level semi-final games are not nail biters than their is something wrong.

Maht and Warroad played each other a little over 3 months ago. Should be a good A final.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Edina can go kick rocks.

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

Pretty good hockey tonight!

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

…because he is etched into state hockey tourney lore as a former member of the Jefferson Jaguars.

Jefferson, Kennedy, and Burnsville. There are some teams we don’t hear about as much these days.

A final is going to be awesome.

AA final. Can Edina even make a dent in the Minnetonka Machine?

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    …because he is etched into state hockey tourney lore as a former member of the Jefferson Jaguars.

Jefferson, Kennedy, and Burnsville. There are some teams we don’t hear about as much these days.

A final is going to be awesome.

AA final. Can the Mighty Cake Eaters even make a dent in the Minnetonka Machine?

Former skipper here. They beat the cake twice this season, but doing it again will be a tall task. I do think Minnetonka is better, but any kind of puck luck or bounce can obviously change that. The thing I noticed about them is their depth. And they have the puck a lot too. Their puck possession is incredible.

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

I went to Orono. I live in Tonka and my kids went there. It’s been a fun tournament for me, both girls and boys. I think you could classify tonights AA game as Cake Eater vs. Cake Eater!! lol The remote’s going to get a workout with the Gophers on at the same time.

AK Guy
    Participant

I went to Orono. I live in Tonka and my kids went there. It’s been a fun tournament for me, both girls and boys. I think you could classify tonights AA game as Cake Eater vs. Cake Eater!! lol The remote’s going to get a workout with the Gophers on at the same time.

Don’t forget the Wild late tonight too.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Don’t forget the Wild late tonight too.

Ya that’s a lot of hockey on tonight. I just saw Duluth & St Cloud are also playing at 6 too. Games starting at 6, 7, 8, and 9 pm. woot

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Big Ten tourney too. Comstock just went down hard into the boards. Will be a huge loss for warroad if he can’t go

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

One thing I’d like to see during the pre-game (for each game) is a list of ‘who to watch’, player stats and which guys are going D-1 and where they’re going.

I know some of the above is mentioned during the course of the game but I think it could be a bit more formal if they’d go over it during the pre-game.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

That was a highlight reel goal by Pilgrim. While getting hooked too.

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

That was a highlight reel goal by Pilgrim. While getting hooked too.

Dude’s got 51 goals…

ridiculous..

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Warroad is just so good. Pilgrim says “Shaga-who? Watch this.”

And Marvin-Cortes the sniper.

Great atmosphere here at the X. Love the A championship with everyone on the first level.

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

Heck of a second period!

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Pilgrim for the Hattie. With the bazooka celebration.

And Zephers come right back and score.

Unbelievable.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 217 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.