MN Boys HS hockey – postseason

• Ripjiggen

Kind of a sloppy game IMO. Tons of turnovers and guys out of position.
    Making it entertaining however.

CaptainMusky

Agreed it’s been end to end for the majority of the game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Mahtomedi just won’t go away will they.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Unbelievable game!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Mahtomedi just won’t go away will they.

Tied it. Incredible staying power from Mahtomedi. Drage with the hat trick. Has that ever happened before 2 hat tricks in the championship game?

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Awesome game! Warroad does look tired. A lot of desperation dumps.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fire wagon hockey!

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Double ot!

CaptainMusky

Warroad is way too careless with the puck. So many turnovers.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice job Zephyrs! Playing from behind all game against a team that hadn’t lost all season. Warroad may have more talent but Mahtomedi played with more grit.

CaptainMusky

At least it wasn’t a garbage goal. Great effort by that kid.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

What a game. Zephyrs really outlasted Warroad. The player who had the disallowed goal scores the winner.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Happy for the Maht kids. Our town is going crazy! Really good group of kids too.

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

Great game, I was hoping they would lose a game this year. So maybe you guys have already discussed it but what gives with Warroad being called the warriors yet, and other communities like Burnsville dumped the Braves right away??

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Nice job Zephyrs! Playing from behind all game against a team that hadn’t lost all season. Warroad may have more talent but Mahtomedi played with more grit.

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Great game, I was hoping they would lose a game this year. So maybe you guys have already discussed it but what gives with Warroad being called the warriors yet, and other communities like Burnsville dumped the Braves right away??

Not sure. If you ever have a chance to go to a game in warroad, I suggest you do. Unless the right Karen becomes mayor or something, that town is not changing a thing. Or maybe the mnhsl will step in. Sure hope not!

Brittman

Fun win … we knew a few kids on the team from when they were young boys. Still chat with their parents when we cross paths with them around town.

Tonight is a much tougher cheer, a good friend of my wife’s son is skating for the Hornets (who ever calls them that? lol ).

Brittman

Possible the native population in the Warroad area supports or is not making it an issue.

When UND (yah I know college) had to drop the Fighting Sioux moniker, it occurred despite the largest local Lakota tribe voicing full approval and both Sioux tribes approving the name in the late 60s. The state of ND voted to remove the name in 2012 referendum during all the NCAA hoopla. Fargo gets some NCAA hockey tourney games because Engelstad Arena likely still has all those Sioux warrior heads stamped into the marble floor and cherry wood seat arm rests. Florida Seminoles are exempt because the Seminole nation fully promotes the use of the name (may be some $$ in that too ??).

The Warrior name could certainly remain even if the logo was forced out.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fargo gets some NCAA hockey tourney games because Engelstad Arena likely still has all those Sioux warrior heads stamped into the marble floor and cherry wood seat arm rests.

Fargo gets to host NCAA regionals because the NCAA requires those games to be at a neutral site. UND is the “host” school when it is in Fargo or Sioux Falls. To my knowledge, the only two schools putting in a bid every year to host an NCAA regional are North Dakota and Penn State. Years ago, schools were permitted to host at their own facility. The NCAA did away with that about 10 years ago now.

Engelstadt Arena still has all those native logos in and outside the building. The bronze statue of Sitting Bull is also still outside the main entrance.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Happy for the Maht kids. Our town is going crazy! Really good group of kids too.

Those boys never gave up, they worked so hard and earned that win!

Brittman

Quite the palace (Englestad) vs. the old place I knew. Long time ago a close friend was a top Sioux skater. We would drive to GF and watch him play once or twice a year. The difference 30++ years or so makes ?? Back then we picked ’em up after the game drove to the Ramada and sat and drank with quite a few of the opposing team players until 2 or 3AM. They all played the next night (well actually later that day).

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Games starting at 6, 7, 8, and 9 pm.

Let’s see…one game on the TV, one on the laptop, one on my phone and maybe one on an old phone? I’m set!! yay

stout93
    Becker MN

Looks like alot of open seats in the lower bowl..

Can’t imagine what the upper bowl looks likes..

Tickets were going for what????

LOL!!

stout93
    Becker MN

Anyone remember George Pelawa?

Not sure why I’m bringing him up…but his name just popped into my mind.

I remember the front page of the Star/Trib sports page the day after he died..

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I really don’t care who wins this game. Both teams look so big & fast for high school kids. Times are changing.

Tonka up 1-0 on a PP goal.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Lake Conference will have 4 class AA state titles in the last 6 years after this is over. That is one freaking tough conference.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hey Netguy. Skipper Pride!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Double clank off the posts. Tough deal for Edina.

Congrats to Tonka. applause

AK Guy

Anyone remember George Pelawa?

Not sure why I’m bringing him up…but his name just popped into my mind.

I remember the front page of the Star/Trib sports page the day after he died..

He was a beast. First round draft choice from Bemidji.

Ripjiggen

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 217 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.