Micro tension line release

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m looking for some very light weight line releases. Off the beaten path for application. I need to pop thread into it and have it release with just the slightest amount of tension.
    Imagine 1# test line in it and the pop of a 3” perch could effortlessly release it.
    I took old church releases, put lighter springs in and tried to adjust. Just not getting the consistency I need.

Any ideas?

catmando
    wis

Tuck the line under a small rubber band. Or maybe the old style bobby pins. DK.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Tried the rubber bands and that was too tight. I like the Bobby pin idea, I’ll give it a shot

Ripjiggen

Yeah I was thinking paper clip but consistency might be hard. Going to let this one rattle my brain overnight and see if a light bulb goes off.

kbmwer
    Rosemount, MN

You can try a binder clip. It gives you a place to tie off on and you can adjust the tension by how much you put in the clip. The picture has 4# line on it and it pulls out pretty easy.

Attachments:
    1. clip.jpg

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Could you do something using a magnet? A metal piece on the line attached to the magnet. Lots of options with the level magnetic force in magnets. Plastic, iron and rare earth.

Deuces

Couple felt pads sandwiched with a paper clip or similar. A small wood clamp with the felt may also work in creating proper tension.

Timmy

Had a friend that used keep a toothpick taped by one end to his rod blank just above the cork. He would lightly tuck the line under the loose end of the toothpick. It worked as a very delicate tensioner/release. Maybe something along that line of thought?

duh queen

If you’re in a shack, try a piece of masking tape. Loop it around the rod leaving a tab of just a small portion of adhesive exposed and gently stick the line against it. Don’t use anything but masking tape as the adhesives are too gooey on things like duct tape or electrical tape. A single piece of tape will last several days. When worn out, simply replace. It’s not perfect, but it’s cheap and easy.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

so far the bobby pin is the lightest. Appreciate the thoughts. But still trying to get lighter release.

This has nothing to do with fishing. I’m making a mouse bomb – I need them to take a baited end of thread down a hole. Finicky little bass turds don’t pull very hard

Ripjiggen

Now I am even more intrigued. jester
    Could you keep the thread on the spool like a rattle real almost. Please keep us updated on this mouse bomb.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Now I am even more intrigued. jester
    Could you keep the thread on the spool like a rattle real almost. Please keep us updated on this mouse bomb.

Yeo got my attention also. Now go get your man Randy!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

They make a thing called a mouse trap?

Dave maze
    Isanti

Step 1: catch the mouse
    Step 2: ?
    Step 3: profit

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

They make a thing called a mouse trap?

that’s no fun. one at a time??? Considering I’ve trapped about 60 in my pole barn so far, I’m done with the childish games. Going for the entire nest at a time

Yes, line is still on a spool like a rattle wheel. Can’t do the bucket of water because it freezes. poison is NOT an option

catmando
    wis

Use saltwater in the bucket Have to be damn cold for it to freeze, the mice shouldn’t care.

mojo

Could you get a piece of flexible pipe from auto exhaust to the hole? Carbon monoxide would finish them, or you could use smoke to flush them out if you can’t get a carbon monoxide source to the area.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Well, the trigger devise didn’t work as I wanted….but came away with this. Release is super light!!!!

Attachments:
    1. image-scaled.jpg

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Rv antifreeze or carbon monoxide.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Don’t forget to check the drag before you cross their eyes!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.