Mass shootings

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Very sad we see these as often as we do. However, suicide by gun kills more people that mass shooters every year.

Thoughts & prayers to the families and friends.

Reef W

in before the lock

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yea I just don’t get it?? Why do they do this? What’s to gain??

buck-slayer

Yea I just don’t get it?? Why do they do this? What’s to gain??

I don’t get it either. One must have alot of hate built up inside. Just can’t imagine that much hate.

Sylvanboat

I won’t be surprised if he is schizophrenic.

Brad Dimond

Mental health issues are rampant – mass shooters are not rational so those who are cannot understand why they do it.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

160 page manifesto says the guy was a white supremist . Aligned himself with the group we will not be replaced . Not this guys first time in trouble either .

walleye216

I won’t be surprised if he is schizophrenic.

Possible but more likely a cluster B personality disorder. This is consistent with antisocial personally disorder. Either way he needs to pay for what he has done.

castle-rock-clown

History is replete with man killing man since before recorded time. We who are not disposed to those tendencies call it evil. Evil will never go away no matter how we try to contain and control it. Make the best out of our short time on earth. Evil was here before we as individuals were and will be after we are gone.

Justin Donson

Thoughts and prayers, mental health challenges, etc etc. yaaaawwwwwnnn.

Call a spade a spade, this dude was a white supremicist. A domestic terrorist. An example of THE biggest threat to the USA in the world today.

That’s not a mental health problem, that’s a worldview problem. Don’t lump this guy in with some ‘troubled youth’ or other BS categorization. He wanted to cleanse the US of non-white citizens.

Don’t give him or anyone like him some sort of benefit of the doubt, he knew exactly what he was doing and isn’t sorry about it.

Scum of the earth.

Justin Donson

Mental health issues are rampant – mass shooters are not rational so those who are cannot understand why they do it.

I guess like in the same way it’s hard to understand why hitler did what he did.

Like, I have trouble wrapping my head around HOW someone could do that. But the WHY is like right there in his manifesto.

Like he believed that white people are superior to all other races and looked to rid the country of said non-white races?

Dude was hopped up on that white nationalism/supremacy IV on full flow. man if I didn’t know better I’d say that group of people have been like emboldened in the past 5-6 years…I’m sure there’s ‘great people’ on that side though.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Guy was a racist, bigoted piece of s***. It’s pretty clear and simple.

I feel terrible for the victims and their families.

I have stopped reading about it and watching any coverage when I flip on a TV as our society has become so eroded it’s hard to even make sense of events like this. We’re a first world country economically, defensively, and technologically speaking…but can be right there with the worst of the worst when it comes to how people treat one another.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bringing this back to fishing… I have to find the video I was watching about lead. They were talking about exposure to lead and how it leads to crime/violence. (even had a graph)

Now I have to go look for it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

This isn’t the video I was looking for but it will suffice.
    The fella that invented Ethyl gas, knew how bad it was but wanted the $$.

rmartin
    United States

There is plenty of information on the internet, TV and publications that support this kind of thinking. Free speech can go too far.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Here’s the one I was looking for. If you can’t watch the whole video, start at 18.00 (for the graph).

Lead sinkers don’t bother me, but lead in the air seems to get under my skin so to speak.

Deuces

Those lead graphs will pale in comparison to the before and after effects of defund the police movement.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So much for “bringing this back to fishing”. whistling

stout93
    Becker MN

Thoughts and prayers, mental health challenges, etc etc. yaaaawwwwwnnn.

Call a spade a spade, this dude was a white supremicist. A domestic terrorist. An example of THE biggest threat to the USA in the world today.

That’s not a mental health problem, that’s a worldview problem. Don’t lump this guy in with some ‘troubled youth’ or other BS categorization. He wanted to cleanse the US of non-white citizens.

Don’t give him or anyone like him some sort of benefit of the doubt, he knew exactly what he was doing and isn’t sorry about it.

Scum of the earth.

LMFAO!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

So much for “bringing this back to fishing”. whistling

I hear you BK! That was actually a pretty fascinating video, lots of food for thought. On here I’m sure we could argue whether causation=correlation until the moderators toasted it, but you have to admit it’s pretty compelling to see the information laid out like that. Thanks!

walleye216

Free speech is free speech, whether you like it or agree with it, but when it stops being only speech and becomes a violent action is where I have a problem with it. Call me cynical, but I wish people that do stuff like this would just shoot themselves instead and leave everybody else alone.

Having said that, we’ve been stifling just about every outlet kids have for so many years that I truly believe we’ve fostered a generation that only knows one way of expressing anger. It started when they outlawed “Dangerous” recreation like King of the Hill and Dodgeball, then progressed into “use your words, not your fists, Johnny”. Then, we moved onto where everybody is EQUAL (in ALL THINGS), and got participation awards, could “be” whatever they identified as, and use whatever bathroom they feel like. There is no definate black and white, everything is a shady gray and wishy-washy these days. Kids are being indoctrinated to be confused, and with little to no aggression relief valves their energy pents up until they explode. Not an excuse, just a simple observation..

This has to be it. Not playing enough dodgeball made this guy a racist murderer.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The point of the thread was to express condolences to the families who lost people in Buffalo & California.
    Personally I don’t care why the shooters did it. Doesn’t matter to me if people think they were born racist or they learned it. I don’t care if either shooter is nuts or purple in color.
    My disappointment lays in that he (Buffalo) made it to jail alive. It seems like a perfect opportunity to send him swimming with the fished rather than giving him a trial and food, medical & housing for the rest of his life.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

And with that, back to fishing.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Mass shootings’ is closed to new replies.