For the money, which HDS unit is better?

• titanxt

I am having a hard time tying to figure out how to spend some play money…

With the rebates going on right now, I can put an HDS5 AND and HDS7 at the console for the price of one HDS7 Touch. Also, I canjump up to the HDS8 for the price of an HDS7 Touch.

What should I do?

THanks!

Andy

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Wait for the NW Sortshow and do even better on the pricing. Make sure you’re factoring in SS bundles as well. I noticed an HDS 10 gen 2 lss 1 insight for $2k. I personally would put the bigger console unit on first, get everything rigged, and then find a smaller used unit for the front.

I’m kind of in the same situation, only coming from HB. The HDS 9 touch is the way I’m leaning. Though, its hard to ignore the HDS gen 2 deals.

titanxt

What is and when is the “NW Sortshow”?

Thanks!

Andy

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

I have a an 8 on bow and a 10 on console. The 10 is absolutely cool and all, but if I had two 8’s I’d be satisfied. I recommend saving the $$ and put SI/DI at both ends. SI does you no good on the TM, but DI would be absolutely incredible. The good ‘ole boys down south keep telling me that I have no idea how much better it would get.

titanxt

I will be going with the structure scan and linking the units.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Quote:

What is and when is the “NW Sortshow”?

Thanks!

Andy

Only the largest fishing/hunting/boating/rv expo in all the land! It’s going on next weekend in the twin cities. Great place to get excellent deals on just about anything fishing related.

titanxt

Man, I wont be able to go. Any spin-off internet deals happen around the time of the show?

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Quote:

Man, I wont be able to go. Any spin-off internet deals happen around the time of the show?

Nothing like what you’ll get at the show. Some of the biggest retailers in the area all competing for your money. When I buy big ticket items, I do it at these shows! Not uncommon to shave an additional 30% off advertised sale prices.

titanxt

We just had a boat/hunting/camping show in Indianapolis last month. There were no deals to be had. Internet deals were far better… Poop.

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

If your not going bigger than 7 Id look at the elites. Half the price and you dont have to buy the lss.

titanxt

No side scan though, right?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Shoot an email to Ben Garver at Jolly Ann Marine. Site sponsor and he can save you some serious cash.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Shoot an email to Ben Garver at Jolly Ann Marine. Site sponsor and he can save you some serious cash.

X2

titanxt

An email has been sent to Ben Garver. We’ll see what happens.

Thank you!

Andy

brian_j

Quote:

Nothing like what you’ll get at the show. Some of the biggest retailers in the area all competing for your money. When I buy big ticket items, I do it at these shows! Not uncommon to shave an additional 30% off advertised sale prices.

HUH?? Cabelas sale price on a Gen 2 HDS7 is about $1,000 so you’re saying you can get one at the show for $700? I disagree.

Online is the way to go. Plus you have to pay sales tax at the show.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.