Louisiana Red Fish report?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looking for the report James and company did on Louisiana red fish. Cant seem to find it. Just doing some research. Might be looking for a partner or two to make the trip. Anyone with money and free time this month to give this a try?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

My boss was there in early November. What sort of info you looking for?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Recommendation on places to stay or captains would be great. Looks like most places are set up for two to 3 people per boat or more. That might be my biggest issues as Im solo on this trip so far.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hmm, that is something I probably can’t help you with. They stayed at some camp and fished from kayaks.

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

I just watched the latest In-fisherman last night (I think it aired Sunday) and Doug Stange was fishing with a captain out of Alabama. You can probably find more info if you catch that episode. Hope that helps. They were catching monster reds, like 30 pounders in February.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Hey Mike,

I saw this episode of Shaw Grigsby last weekend. Here’s the link and also who the guide was. Maybe this will give you a lead.

http://www.shawgrigsby.com/episodes/

“Guide Mike Frenette, out of the Redfish Lodge of Louisiana”

Good luck!

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Mike,

Fished with http://www.reeltite.com/ a year ago last June out of Venice Marina. Good guys. Caught a pile if fish. Reds,catfish,flounder, sheephead and some other things. Biggest we got was around 12 lbs. I think the bigger reds are caught this time of year. We are planning another trip down there this June. We also did an offshore overnighter. We left at 9am and were suppose to fish all night but the weather started gettting bad around midnight so we had to make the 60 mile run and head in. Very cool trip. If you have any questions, let me know.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Watched that shaw grigsby show yesterday morning. That was pretty good. That guy was giggling like a school girl. Seem to remember James and Dean where pitching jigs and plastics for them in their report. In Daytona we drifted pin fish on slip rigs for some huge bull reds. Pitching for them sure sounds like fun.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks. Ill check them out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.