little buddy heater

• Captainpaddlefoot
    Green Bay

Does anybody have a little buddy heater rigged up on a 5 pound tank? if you do could you post pictures?

Bass_attack

Yes just did mine yesterday will post pics in the morning

deertracker

Are you hanging it from somewhere if you have it hooked up to a tank or do they make a base for them?
    DT

Bass_attack

Here is what I did. Starting at the tank is a soft nose propane fitting to go to 1/4 pipe threads then I used a coupler to a galvanized street elbow. Then a 3 inch nipple going up to a throwaway cylinder adapter I purchased on Amazon from mr. Heater. This seems much more sturdy than the 1 lb cylinders on the cheasy stand that comes with this heater.

Attachments:
    1. 20171203_095020.jpg

deertracker

Looks great! Mine ran for either 5 or 7 hours straight in the deer stand. That thing will last forever on a 20 pounder.
    DT

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I used brass fittings for mine.

Attachments:
    1. IMGP1269.jpg

2. IMGP1271.jpg

3. IMGP1270.jpg

Bass_attack

Looks great huntindave!

Might take the elbow off of mine and replace it with a T and a valve so I could also run a lantern or maybe a grill with the Mr heater flex hose.

gotalunker
    Zimmerman, MN

Please see the attached propane usage estimator for use with the Little Buddy heater on a 5 lb tank.

Attachments:
    1. LITTLE-BUDDY_5-LB-PROPANE-USAGE-ESTIMATOR.pdf

Captainpaddlefoot
    Green Bay

Now that I know it can be done and how. Has anybody that has switched from having the heater sitting just off the ice to a foot or two off experienced their holes freezing up?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Now that I know it can be done and how. Has anybody that has switched from having the heater sitting just off the ice to a foot or two off experienced their holes freezing up?

That can be an issue as without air movement you will find a layer of cooler air anywhere below the heat source. (true with any style heater) The solution to air flow is a fan of some sort. I’ve heard that guys are having very good results and run time by using a computer fan powered by a flasher battery.

castle-rock-clown

pour a little everclear in the hole…the one in the ice, not the one below your nose.

404 ERROR
    MN

If your skirt is flat or banked in, it’s a non-issue. I actually elevate any heater in my portables as I hate all the water buildup under them.

Captainpaddlefoot
    Green Bay

That has been more of an issue in the past for me.

Thanks

iceager01
    Redwood County/Scott County

HuntinDave, thats the same setup I use for my lantern, never thought of the little buddy… I will be trying that this year… as for water build I always use a bucket to set my lantern on but now days with all the groovy lights they have heat is the only concern…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.