Let's Go Wild!

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I friggen fell asleep. Caught the first period and that was about it.

I am not too worried. Sounds like not too surprisingly, the layoff after 2 games hurt them. The good thing is it sounds like they weren’t dominated, just had some rust. I am interested in seeing what happens against the Kings.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Worrying trend emerging just 3 games in. Opposing teams taking way too many liberties with Wild players. Hits to the head, late hits, hits from behind. Unbelievable late hit on Grandlund last night. What is the point of a game misconduct on a hit AFTER the closing buzzer?

Clearly teams now have the idea that Cooke can’t do anything as his next suspension would be his last so they figure the Wild are basically defensless aginst dirty hits.

The Wild need to start singling out some players for “special attention”.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Cook isn’t an enforcer. That job is the new guy on the fourth line. Cook is an agitator… Or at least he was.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Strong performance. That PP still has me worried. If not for the anemic PP, they’d easily be undefeated.

I thought that TB was better than this. You gonna find some romm on a FL hockey team bandwagon?

Got to see Drouin in Halifax a couple years ago. He’s going to be a big name as well. Didn’t see much from him tonight but he’ll find his stride. He’s an unbelievable playmaker and has a Gretzky like hockey sense.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ok, dial it back Gill. You should never utter Gretzky lightly.

The game? Meh. Yeah I know they won big, but the Lightning were hurting and Nabokov was horrible…Biggill-esque P

The power play does worry me, championships are won on special teams, however they have been good 5 on 5 meaning when the PP comes around, they should continue to win handily.

For me I will wait a few more games to reassess. I think they were screwed with scheduling. You can’t have these layoffs early and expect to be able to make judgements. That being said, they have been pretty impressive despite the scheduling. That is a good sign.

They are definitely better than last year. Where that leads them remains to be seen.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Or never utter Lemieux lightly?… When compared to MacKinnon.

No joke. The owner of the mooseheads said he thought that Drouin would be the more valuable nhl player.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Btw, ouch. You’ve never seen me play. It would have been 12-2… Err, how many shots were there? I might have stopped .250.

Good to see you are catching the wild games in dc.

deertracker

Looks like we have our penalty kill dialed in. Last night they said we have allowed less than one shot per kill. Last night we had I believe four kills and they didn’t get a shot. Granted I think TB was struggling to hit the net but you need some puck luck on that side of it as well.
    DT

deertracker

Parise just took a stick to the face and is bleeding like a stuck pig.
    DT

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

That Brodin hit was bad too, could have been much worse.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Prosser! Listening to the game stinks.

How about that PP. They ever dial that up, they are going to be pretty much unbeatable.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Matt Cook! Hoffies isn’t going to like that!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Matt Cook! Hoffies isn’t going to like that!

Now Haula? Cheap son of a bitches!

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

This is getting out of hand. Now Haula……..

Hoffies, I think your going to see your Matt Cooke of the past. grin

deertracker

Haula and Parise are out for injuries and the Rangers have two game misconducts. The Wild are finding the net.
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hope someone runs Queen Henrik. That’s get their attention. Looks like Brodz and some other guys will be getting an opportunity tomorrow.

Brodin back. Amazing. I saw an animated gif of that crap.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Pominville!

So I looked at a gif replay of the hit on Haula. It looked like he hit him in the upper chest? What say you?

ouch

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Pominville!

So I looked at a gif replay of the hit on Haula. It looked like he hit him in the upper chest? What say you?

ouch

Elbow to the chest then he raised it up.

What really happened is that he blindsided him and put his shoulder into Zucker’s head. It’s still a head shot and should be suspended.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

It looks like a shoulder to the chin but it’s hard from that angle.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

You know, when your opponent has nothing to offer on the power play, why not take a few penalties?

I saw this happen to the gophers one year when they couldn’t score on the pp. Teams aren’t afraid to play dirty. And why not?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It looks like a shoulder to the chin but it’s hard from that angle.

Exactly. Perfect place to hit someone to give a guy a concussion.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

From that angle I can’t really tell, but it does appear he follows through which will be a big problem come discipline time.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sure glad the Wild picked Prosser back up. Sometimes I wonder why he doesn’t get time over Ballard.

Dang it there goes the shut out.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

If they don’t answer this goal, they won’t win.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Did you even consider that Parise wouldn’t return to this game? Not me.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Here is a sick stat They are blowing away the league. All they need is that PP to be average to dominate the league at this pace. Man, if they win the cup it will just further prove there is a curse of the Pug. Your welcome.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

WTF? Come on boys.

2 good things for me. Brassard aiding my fantasy team and Darcy giving up 3 means Backs in the net tomorrow for my fantasy team.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The stat really isn’t surprising. It’s the rest of the league that’s surprising.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Its a small sample size and I know it won’t last, but go back looking at a couple seasons. The best is usually 1.5. But explain this to me, if it is 5 on 5 goals for/goals against ratio, how can everyone be a + rating? Shouldn’t there be some -X.X numbers???

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 1,050 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.