Lake Pepin Saturday 5/21

• Ryan P
    Farmington

Hey Everyone…First post here. Just wanted to give a report from Pepin on Saturday. Went out with my 3 1/2 year old son and my dad for about 4 hours. Brought home 3 eaters and caught another that didn’t quite make the mark. Also caught a decent pike and a small perch. All caught trolling 8-14 feet of water 2.8-3 mph. Nice day to be out but could’ve used some wind, but any day fishing with the boy is good. I’m guessing maybe Sunday was a little better. We caught all of the eaters on the same #7 flicker shad. Also I forgot to note the water temp in my notebook. Anyone that was out over the weekend know the temp?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2074.jpg

Trent W
    Chatfield, MN

My son and I were out Saturday afternoon/evening. Water temp was 69 at the surface. Trolled 8-12 feet and we did quite well. Every fish we caught was a sauger. No walleye at all. We trolled a bit slower at around 2 mph. We also found that the hot bait was a Wally Diver. Tried Flicker Shads, Shad Raps, Jointed Shad Raps, Shadlings…They didn’t want any of them. Put on a Wally Diver and it was steady action.

I guess neither of us were complaining about the lack of wind. Sure made for an enjoyable time on the water with no waves and about as nice a day as one could order up. Absolutely amazed at the lack of boat traffic on such a nice Saturday afternoon/evening. I guess all the posts about Pool 4 being the dead sea are working.

Ryan P
    Farmington

I think everyone got hot and went home…When I headed down that way in the morning both Lake City launch parking lots were full. We didn’t get out until after lunch and by then there were open parking spots and there was a lot less boat traffic.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

The water temp really jumped from 58 last weekend to 69-70 yesterday.

We trolled and found 2-2.5 MPH the best speed. 8-10 feet with #5 shads. Lots of 14.5 inch fish. Did manage a few larger ones.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1428.jpg

Charlie Lundquist

We did well on Sunday, not a lot of fish but the size was definitely there. We caught about 20 walleyes and a few sheepies, kept five walleyes from 17-19 between the two of us, smallest fish was 17. Also got a 28.5 pulling a leech, it is my new PB.

Attachments:
    1. image-76.jpeg

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Nice fish Charlie. She looks very chunky for this time year. Congrats on the personal best!

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Very nice fish and sounds like a great trip! Congratulations! applause

Ryan P
    Farmington

WOW…Nice Fish! I was just happy to put some in the boat last week after getting skunked all spring down there.

Charlie Lundquist

Thanks guys, I was very surprised at the weight she still had.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.