Lake Marion Ice Report

• Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

Looking to see if anyone has checked Lake Marion in Lakeville for ice thickness, looking to try and go out this weekend just trying to plan which lake to try and get out on.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Is Marion a good lake? I am in Eagan and have looked at the surveys a few times. It looks like a decent lake to chase around some tip ups.

404 ERROR
    MN

It can be a good tip-up lake with high numbers of smaller pike.

Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

Dave it would be worth a trip out there I have never had a bad day out on Marion. I usually just go out just past the boat launch in that area good tip up lake and can catch panfish almost all day long to pass time.

I am just wondering if anyone has been down there yet to check the ice thickness this year yet, was thinking about getting out on Saturday but the temps and the wind are off putting right now…

Ryan P
    Farmington

Just leaving Marion…you head out from the ramp I drilled 3 holes…first was 5″, last was 3″.

Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

Awesome thanks for the info Ryan

Ryan P
    Farmington

There were people fishing out there, I won’t go out past 3″. I don’t have the nuts to go past there. I would say the 3″ hole was 50-75 yards out.

I heard from 2 separate people someone was fishing orchard Saturday. I went over there and it was about the same as Marion.

Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

Yeah 3″ is a little thin, if you said 4″ then no problem haha It will get there, just wanna drill holes… I am willing to go out, the weather and mostly that wind is what I am contemplating.. it is a tough decision..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.