Lake Bemidji

• mcarlsen

Wife and I are taking a weekend get away up to Bemidji just to get out of the metro. Bringing the ice fishing gear and hoping to get out for a bit while I am up there (either Bemidji.. Possibly Plantagenet) for what it’s worth we will most likely be on foot unless any of the lakes are drivable. Never fished the area before any locals here have any tips? Not looking for any secret spots… Will also stop in the bait shop and chat them up. Also, anyone have any good recommendations on a place to take the wife for dinner?

Thanks,
    Mike

Iowaboy1

as far as a place to eat,peppercorns is pretty good,ground round is fair enough for a chain restaurant,both of them are over by walmart, and kens pizza on the north side if you want pizza.

blue water baits is okay,but the little bait shop over in pennington is better in my book.

see if you can raise Bruce Barnum up on this forum,he lives in Bemidji and fishes that area,heck he might even go with you to show you around.

blank

Bluewater Bait doesn’t exist anymore. Swing into Taber’s Bait and you should get some good info. I’d suggest Bemidji over Plantan. There are several spots that you can walk to, but I think they are doing some vehicle traffic up there now.

As for food, in addition to Iowaboy’s recommendations, Bar 209 is very good (its not your typical bar food) or for a more quiet “date” type atmosphere Tutto Bene is an excellent Italian restaurant, they’re both located in downtown. If you’re interested in micro brews, Bemidji Brewing has some good beers but don’t have food. They’re also downtown.

Good luck and enjoy your getaway!

Iowaboy1

January 23, 2016 at 9:38 am#1594840
    Bluewater Bait doesn’t exist anymore.

I guess that shows how long its been since I have been there!! and I havent missed a trip to Bemidji in over thirty five years!!
    Kitchi lake has good panfish in it also,as do several others in that area,so many to choose from,so little time,dang it!!

best of luck and post a report!!

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blank wrote:</div>
    January 23, 2016 at 9:38 am#1594840

so many to choose from,so little time,dang it!!

Ain’t that the truth!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.