Kabetogema

• Steve Kracht

Hello,
    I’m heading up to Kab Sept 23 -30.
    Wondering if anyone has any detail on water levels?

Steve

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I could tell it was down from water marks on the rocks, but it was my first time there so not sure. Most of the lake mapping seemed to be about 2ft deeper than what was registering, if that helps Steve. I was up over labor day weekend.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Water level is in the curve so it’s at a normal level for this time of year. They’re slowly drawing it down for the winter. If you’re interested in monitoring the level go to http://www.lwcb.ca/water levels.

Steve Kracht

Thanks guys, just what I was looking for.

Steve

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I did poorly, like real bad. My first time on it, we struggled, but only jigged, lindy rigged crawlers and leeches and slip bobbered. The people doing well were trolling lead core, not sure how deep, but the resort guy told us they were shallow. We marked most of our fish deeper like 17-26ft. Hopefully with a couple weeks of cooler weather it will turn on for you.

Matthew Sandys

We were there on Sunday and did really well.
    We pulled lead in 30-35 foot of water where we marked fish and we got one. We switched to gold jigs with minnows. Did some drifting off of structure in the 25-32 feet of water. When the wind changed we looked at structures that were wind-blown. We found fish in 26 next to breaks that were moving up. They just sat up against them. We pitched the jigs and bounced them back. Some times we even dragged it in the mudd. Made sure to pound the mudd and keep the jig near the bottom.
    It worked for us hope you have some luck.

Steve Kracht

Appreciate the replies.
    Can’t wait to get there…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.