Jumbo Perch and South Dakota Walleyes – In Depth Outdoors TV S16 E7

• Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Season 16 Episode 7 is live!

James Holst and Marcus Quam of Reel Therapy Guide Service head out near Webster South Dakota for jumbo perch and walleyes!

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

It was a great episode….. had me googling maps and drive times and such as it was so enjoyable looking.

In great IDO fashion, thank you also for sharing that a day like that isn’t the normal- it would be really easy for a guy that has never fished perch living 11 hours away to get the wrong impression and expectation.

Just another great show as always! Sure did look like fun.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

We’re heading to the Watertown, SD area next week for a few days. It will be our groups 1st trip to SD so the episode was timely for us.
    Target will primarily be perch but we expect to get a few walleyes as well.
    Enjoyed the episode!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

thank you also for sharing that a day like that isn’t the normal

It is very rare for us to drop on a bite like that where we’re able to essentially fish one hole each for all or most of the show. Marcus hadn’t been out on the ice to even have things narrowed down so this time around we have to chalk the outcome up to dumb luck. That said, the perch bite out near Webster has been very strong to start the year with good average size.

Glad you liked the show. Thanks for watching!~

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Great show guys! Looked like a fun day. We all gotta blindly land on them sometimes! waytogo

Rackbuster
    Spicer MN

Gotta love fishing with Quam great guy and an awesome fisherman Great show guys.

LabDaddy1

Great show guys! Looked like a fun day. We all gotta blindly land on them sometimes! waytogo

Ain’t that the truth! Some of us more often than others… wave

bassh8er

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Chuck Melcher wrote:</div>
    thank you also for sharing that a day like that isn’t the normal

It is very rare for us to drop on a bite like that where we’re able to essentially fish one hole each for all or most of the show. Marcus hadn’t been out on the ice to even have things narrowed down so this time around we have to chalk the outcome up to dumb luck. That said, the perch bite out near Webster has been very strong to start the year with good average size.

Glad you liked the show. Thanks for watching!~

Very timely episode for me; thank you.

I’m taking my pops on a trip with Marcus this Friday and Saturday in a SnoBear.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Not to take any credit away but I drove past the lake they were at when they were shooting. I bet there was +350 people out there. I bet 2 days later there was 700

tornadochaser

Not to take any credit away but I drove past the lake they were at when they were shooting. I bet there was +350 people out there. I bet 2 days later there was 700

and 5 or 6 more TV shows and high subscriber youtubers out filming within 5 days of IDO being there; three of which for sure named the lake in their social media feeds. That’s ok though. Let all the portables from NE/IA and Ice Castles from MN stack up out there this winter and leave the quiet lakes to the rest of us. whistling

vinella

Terrific show! Nice walleyes make for a heckuva cherry on top.

James – Any word on when the Ice Helix G4 units will start showing up at retailers?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.