is this a 'good deal" ?

• oldrat
    Upper Midwest

today I found an New in the box ,wrapper, Lakemaster chip for a lowrance unit.. I would assume that it will fit my gen one HDS 5 .. they want $80 for this much older chip.. is that a ‘good deal”? or do you believe I can do much better with a current chip.. that’s probably not at least 3 or 4 years old.. although another brand.. was or is Lakemaster that far superior then the other chips for my unit? it was back in the day.. is it now? thanks for your advice..

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

the LM chips were 100.00 when I bought mine ,that’s not much savings my gen2 hds8 won’t run Lm after the last updates ,I will have to try it in my gen 1 hds7 ,I’ve had my navionics chip in it!
    Stan wave

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Sounds like a great deal.

… for the seller.

Like Stan said above. He probably made the update and now can’t use it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Oh, and I sold a lowrance insights chip v14 for $80 about a month ago.

I’m also not sure why new vs used makes any difference when purchasing a chip. It’s information you’re purchasing, so it has no shelf life.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

well for one.. this dealer who has it .. isn’t going to sell it to hardly anyone else.. had he come in at $50 .. or even $60 bucks it would have been in my unit this morning.. but since a new UPDATED version is less then or around $100.. this just doesn’t seem to be a deal.. when did Lakemaster sell out to Humminbird? 3? 4? 5? years ago? more?

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

I put my Lakemaster chip in my gen 1 HDS7 and it worked just fine so it only is messed up in my gen2 HDS 8, they sold out 4 years ago I believe. the value for a chip that doesn’t work is no tech support from LM they won’t even talk to you about a Lowrance Chip!
    Stan wave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.