Inflation of Boat Prices

• Charles

How we talk about the terms on boats holy smokes, I looked at a Ranger RT 188 base model for 24K and payments were for 120 months. Holy crap!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I would assume that what part of the country you live in has a pretty big impact on pricing (used) I’d think they hold their value better here than say Alabama.

jarrod holbrook

I personally need you guys to go out and buy more newer, bigger badder stuff. Then borrow every penny you can and pay for rigging and electronics with a charge cards. Base all of these purchases off of the “overtime” that is “always” available. If you don’t mind go get a new benelli, and a few nice hand guns too. 12 mos same as cash!

milemark_714

I personally need you guys to go out and buy more newer, bigger badder stuff. Then borrow every penny you can and pay for rigging and electronics with a charge cards. Base all of these purchases off of the “overtime” that is “always” available. If you don’t mind go get a new benelli, and a few nice hand guns too. 12 mos same as cash!

I worked with guys like this.Bought quite a few machinist tools for very cheap.And other items.When the OT is gone,well wahwah.Too many live beyond their means to impress others.Gotta have the latest and greatest.

Go price a 50HP tiller outboard flame -thanks EPA!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nobody knows what my means are. If I walk in and pay cash or I walk in and finance $50k what difference does it make to anybody? Has anybody here walked in my shoes? I think not, haven’t seen a one of you around when I pull 50 & 60 hour weeks.

I’m overweight, live in to big a house. But……..nobody is banging at my door throwing me out. I nor any of my family have missed a meal. I don’t believe I owe anybody here any money. Hey I can even afford to give my grandkids money from the tooth fairy. grin

Point is……I earn it and I don’t need anybodies help spending it or anybodies opinion on how I spend it.

I will however let you all know how to handle your money and your life if thats what it will take to make you feel better. jester

It’s the weekend……go fishing or better yet head over to the Skeeter Boat Center open house. wave

mojogunter

waytogo

Nobody knows what my means are. If I walk in and pay cash or I walk in and finance $50k what difference does it make to anybody? Has anybody here walked in my shoes? I think not, haven’t seen a one of you around when I pull 50 & 60 hour weeks.

I’m overweight, live in to big a house. But……..nobody is banging at my door throwing me out. I nor any of my family have missed a meal. I don’t believe I owe anybody here any money. Hey I can even afford to give my grandkids money from the tooth fairy. grin

Point is……I earn it and I don’t need anybodies help spending it or anybodies opinion on how I spend it.

I will however let you all know how to handle your money and your life if thats what it will take to make you feel better. jester

It’s the weekend……go fishing or better yet head over to the Skeeter Boat Center open house. wave

shady5

Now imagine tying $80K worth of boat to a dock and see how well you sleep when a storm rolls through…

Jonesy

I’m never going to own a new boat. There’s no Skeeter or Ranger in my future, and I’m OK with that. If the next guy on the ramp can afford it, good for him. I’m having fun with what I have.

Where it might affect me is used boat prices. The same thing happened with cars. When I got out of high school a “winter beater” could be had for $75. If you spent $1000 you could get a very nice clean used car. Things have changed a lot since then! Now if a new Lund or Alumacraft costs $50,000 what do you think that will do to the used boat prices?

Oh well, the fish don’t worry about all the things we worry about.

SR

Im pretty much the same way. Current boat is a 98, previous boat was a 96. With the prices in the used market I doubt I will ever own a boat that isn’t at least 10 years old.

Guess the good thing for me is that I love my boat, I feel I’m fortunate to have a nice used boat, and I own the boat outright.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.