Henry Cats

• illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

Heading to the Illinois River at Henry to try and catch some channels tomorrow since the Mighty Miss is still at flood stage.
    Anybody been out? Saw some reports about a decent bite.
    Plan on workin the channel edges with some Hoss’ Hawg unless the flow pushes us elsewhere.
    If the clarity allows, we might even try pullin some cranks for saugers.
    TIA

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

my bud from knoxville il. has been ripp’n the channels over at Lacon. fishn north towards Chili!!!!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Let me know how the water is. I’ll be fishing out of Hennepin on Sunday.
    Thanks.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

thanks, phil
    still think we are putting in at henry but we might head south instead of north.
    will let ya know what happens, tony.
    heading out …

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

a good day on the river. the catfish are jumpin … and so were the flying carps.
    fished channel edges on inside bends and it didnt take long to have a nice mess o fish for a fry.
    had 15 keepers in a couple hours and thats all i wanted to clean. most were in the 2 to 4 pound range. all on Hoss’ Hawg dip bait (sorry, BK, Sonny doesnt ride in my boat, anymore.)
    for the water still being pretty high, was surprised that the flow wasnt that bad and the clarity wasnt bad either. you could see down about 6 inches.
    action really slowed toward 11 when the sun started to cook, so we didnt try for any wally/saugs, although some flooded willows looked mighty tempting. went for a cruise and a couple frosty cold ones instead.

tony_apisa

Good to see you had a productive day on the river. I’ll be doing some sauger fishing on Sunday. Thanks for the report.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

let me know how it goes, tony
    i am heading up that way again monday.
    hopefully, multi-species this time.

tony_apisa

No problem. We are going to launch out of Spring Valley and work our way down river. I’ll post tomorrow night and let you know how we did.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.