Fantasic Bite

• tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Hit the river with Capt. John “Rocky” Mannerino yesterday. We got on the water about 6:30 and headed to the Starved Rock Dam. We dropped anchor and five casts later we had our first fish on. We nerver had to pulled anchor all day. Cookie cutters from 16 to 17 inch fish with a couple of 19″ers coming to the boat. All in all we caught 60 keepers and 5 shorts. All but 3 of these fish were females just full of eggs. All females were released.
    Had a blast Wapo. Thanks for a great day buddy. Hope we can do it again soon.

jlinboom

Great pics…you mentioned casting. I always thought one vertical jigged for saugers?

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

Nice job guy’s ! You didn’t miss much over here .The bite was a little better today, but still very slow for this time of the year. We had 11 fish , but only 3 of them were decent eyes. The rest were 13 to 15 inch saugers.

tony_apisa

Quote:

Great pics…you mentioned casting. I always thought one vertical jigged for saugers?

The conditions were just perfect for pitching plastics yesterday. We also threw some cranks when things got slow and managed to put 3 or 4 fish in the boat.

tony_apisa

Quote:

Nice job guy’s ! You didn’t miss much over here .The bite was a little better today, but still very slow for this time of the year. We had 11 fish , but only 3 of them were decent eyes. The rest were 13 to 15 inch saugers.

Good to see you got out there Mica. It’s alway nice to hear that the bite is starting to pick up again. Hope to see you out there soon.

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

Mica,It was a toss up on going to 14 or the IL. Looks like we made the right call. You got to hit it right for that bite there. Its a big here one day, gone the next. Thanks for the fun day Tony.

tony_apisa

You should have gotten better gas mileage on the way home from all the jigs I lost.

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

SURE DID!!! I got a running tab on you!!!

scott_taylor
    SE Michigan

Nice job Tony and good job putting the females back. I haven’t seen many reports from the Illinois. Has this warmer than normal Spring changed the timing of the run at all? It sure has over here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.