IDO Poll – Ends Friday 6/26

• fishingchallenged

No.

A few suggestions…
    1) please create a few more categories like political, etc to keep general discussion from being a dumping ground.
    2) when viewing the list of todays posts, also show the forum and sub forum to help me decide what the topic might be. Some make worthless titles and atleast if I knew where it was posted it would help me not have to open to realize it’s of no interest.

CBMN
    North Metro

I would vote no also.

I have gained a lot of other good information from this site over the years and other times just other interesting items related to sports or other outdoor activities like maple syrup, wild rice, pets, etc…

Relatively easy to ignore posts or simply not comment if it doesn’t meet a my interests. I do understand nuking post or people that get off the rails though.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

No.

I think the name Spam should be banned however. coffee

bclii
    MN/AZ

No, I only read topics of interest to me!

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

No.

Keep the traffic to the site.

Individuals can decide what they want to read, respond and avoid.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Jon – I have a question for you. What is the roll of the Keymaster’s here on this site? I see that in place of Participant under some usernames. I assumed that these people were the acting moderator’s for the site.

Keymaster is an user access level. Not all Keymasters here function as Moderators.

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Isn’t there a way to add a poll on a post. It sure would be nice if there was a way to see the results without needing to look thru and keeping track of the reply’s

There was a Poll function on prior versions of this website. That functionality no longer exists. Same for some other functions like adding a new Group. These options did not come over on past site updates. Mainly due to changes made by the software provider. Remember, IDO and past versions have been around for a long time. It’s a tricky and expensive business decision that drives what stays and what goes. (Some of these nice to have options slow the site to an unbearable pace.)

-J.

Fowldreams55398

NO!!!

The sensitivity of people that get their butt hurt is unbelievable. Don’t like it then don’t get involved! Should IDO send out tissues???

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

No.
    As others have stated, if you don’t like a post don’t read it.
    Also agree with Randy about a Sub folder.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Jon Jordan

Thanks for answers to my 2 questions.

bigfish2

No, if I do not like topic then I do not have to read/look at it or if do not like responses then leave it.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

No.

The sharing of information/observations/opinions on even non-fishing non-hunting topics is like no other on the net. On the other hand if moderating the General Discussion Forum is becoming a burden I would regretfully understand.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

No, Sharon is correct. The great value in IDO is all the things we learn and share like smoking meats, tires, house repair, and yes fishing.

BUT, but this is NOT the same enjoyable experience from not too long ago.

Suggestions, actually enforce the no political rule. (not sure what you do with Mille Lacs posts) The p*ssing matches from this spill over to the areas that people enjoy.

Start a no Covid thread rule, again we can’t seem to be adults is proven time and time again. Only exceptions are strictly outdoor related. ex. Canadian border opened. as soon as someone takes it political, kill it.

I would hate to lose my IDO fix each weekday after nearly 10 years. Pretty close to leaving after how bad it’s gotten. Sorry to say, but needed to share.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

NO.

I agree with Sharon.

Pete

Ice Cap

IDO Poll – Ends Friday 6/26

Simple YES or NO answer to the following question. (Comments welcome too.)

Should IDO moderators dust off all Non-Fishing or Non-Outdoor topics? This would include current events not related to hunting and fishing.

Let say between now and November 3rd we tighten up policy? See how that works?

Once vote per account.

You will need to register to vote.

Thanks in advance.

-J.

Is it safe to say another way to ask the question is should we drop the policy on no political and religious and now add current event topics? I would say if you choose to do that you need to create a sub forum and let those who want to go there, go there, Otherwise the General discussion area will be a dumping ground and you will have a lot of scrolling to do to find a topic that’s non political/current events. Then the question is will that sub forum be a bare knuckle keyboard brawl area or do you plan to moderate it for name calling use of language etc.? If you plan to moderate it you are going to be busy by November.

I personally have decided to go to the thousands of other available forums that are set up for the political discussion and leave this one to my fishing and outdoor interests.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

no, skip it if you don’t want to read it.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

People want to express their point of view . Everyone has one . I don’t start political threads ,but i will comment and express my point of view on them. I say no.

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

I. vote No.

Just don’t read it if you are offended.
    Continue to close when they get out of hand.

Wayne

munchy
    NULL

Attachments:
    1. 104875192_1570050216504738_7594311894285931447_n.jpg

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

NO

However why not adhere to the rules already in place? NO POLITICS!!!!!!

bigpike

No. It would cut down bman’s posts by 80%. And I want more bman

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

No – there is more to life than just fishing and hunting. You all do understand how sites like this work correct???? They are dependent on high traffic volume. If some non fishing and hunting topics keep the site traffic up, and that’s what is needed to keep the site open and running. I am willing to live with them. Its rather simple, If your not interested in a topic, Skip it and move onto one you are interested in.

rotflol there’s plenty of traffic here without those kinds of threads…I’m sure it wasn’t a political post that lured you to this site coffee

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    No – there is more to life than just fishing and hunting. You all do understand how sites like this work correct???? They are dependent on high traffic volume. If some non fishing and hunting topics keep the site traffic up, and that’s what is needed to keep the site open and running. I am willing to live with them. Its rather simple, If your not interested in a topic, Skip it and move onto one you are interested in.

rotflol there’s plenty of traffic here without those kinds of threads…I’m sure it wasn’t a political post that lured you to this site coffee

So jesse – You don’t think the traffic that is generated from some of these non fishing related topics is a reason why they continue to allow them?????? Once again – I don’t think some people fully understand how money is made for site owners from sites like these.

Did I find and register for this site because it was based on fishing and hunting – Yep I sure did

Do I enjoy it even better because there are also other topics here – Yep I sure do

Will I still use it if it changes to be for fishing and hunting topics only – once again Yep – But I bet my traffic and # of replies will fall way off – Much like I believe most others will as well.

As you can see – The far majority of the reply’s to this poll are in Favor of not limiting it to just hunting and fishing topics.

Its not my site so I don’t have any skin in the game so I don’t really care what direction it takes – But you can surly believe that the site owner / Owners sure care.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

BUT, but this is NOT the same enjoyable experience from not too long ago

Respect the opinion, but is it possible that this is because our world has completely turned upside down the last 4 months? Our country is literally coming apart at the seams I think it’s only natural to discuss it.

I’ll echo what Fishthumper has been saying….. it is a relatively small percentage of overall posts discussing current events. Very easy to not click on a title that does not interest you.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘IDO Poll – Ends Friday 6/26’ is closed to new replies.