IDO Poll – Ends Friday 6/26

• mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

No. I get a good laugh out of some of those threads. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Reminds me of watching a boat landing. doah

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I would say no and also agree with Randy to have a sub folder. Too many good non fishing and hunting posts to get rid of all of them. I would give some folks a time out for bashing others.
    Steve

Denny O
    Central IOWA

It would be a NO for me.
    If you do your readership and forum activity will fold downward very quickly. This will happen even though it was the opposite intended to create more towards the actual hunting and fishing.

My local club has been seeing a very large downward turn in activity and we are only a multi fishing club with little fishing chatter and no bantering or poking fun as we used to do 15 years ago!

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

No. If the “no’s” prevail Phil should be given another chance. I miss his angle on things.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Phil was a favorite contributor of mine. Pool2fool as well

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

NO NO NO. There’s way more to being a Sportsman than just fishing and hunting. We make friends here that talk about a large variety of things. The name calling gets old. The twisting and derailing of topics get old, but hey, if it’s the same characters more often, I guess I know who I wouldn’t invite to supper!

Oh ya, Sharon for president! woot

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Don’t know why I got dragged into the conversation, but at least I was on page 1. coffee

Carry on.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

No.. Most times you can tell what the thread is about before you click on it. If you don’t want to get upset reading political posts, DON’T CLICK ON IT

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

No!

And bring back Phil and Pool2Fool!

Grouse

jwellsy

I vote to respect the 1st Amendment, not censorship.

NO!

Even if I totally disagree with someone, I’ll defend their right to say it.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

NO.I agree Sharon for top job.
    I think we need the POLITICAL PI$$ and MOAN FORUM.I and everybody else would know what their getting into and decide to enter the ring or not.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

#1, no.

#2, no.

Maybe create a “safe place” forum on IDO for those that open posts they dont like or are easily offended.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

No
    And I agree with Joe Segura on just dusting certain people

Dan
    Southeast MN

Agreed. I rarely saw Phil start stuff but boy did he try and finish it. But nothing he said was every any worse than any of the crap we’ve got going on right now. He just disagreed politically with the dominant party on this site.

blackbay
    mn

No, Nyet, Non, Nein, Khong, Tsis, Nei, Nil…

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

Agreed. I rarely saw Phil start stuff but boy did he try and finish it. But nothing he said was every any worse than any of the crap we’ve got going on right now. He just disagreed politically with the dominant party on this site.

Phil got pretty nasty at the end and said some very derogatory things. Personally I’d give him another chance but it’s probably water under the bridge at this point.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Pool2fool reincarnated here, however his new “being” has now disappeared as of late.

Which does make me wonder if he represents “the canary in the coal mine”?

Over the years we’ve seen regulars fall by the wayside, so perhaps it’s just typical attrition.

But I think it appears (at least to me) that more “regulars” have fallen off to the abyss. And I wonder how much it might have to do with the recent direction (or misdirection) of this forum?

Anyway, I’ve already voted so I got no more business commenting on this thread.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You can have my vote Andy. wink

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

But I think it appears (at least to me) that more “regulars” have fallen off to the abyss. And I wonder how much it might have to do with the recent direction (or misdirection) of this forum?

Directions as it may, I’ve been more tempted than usual to quit contributing.

Then again, I’ll always know where I can ask a hunting fishing or otherwise DIY information.

I may need to research this Facebook thing. Seems like the place for fishing reports from what I hear.

Nice Fella

No, but yes to “Let say between now and November 3rd we tighten up policy? See how that works?”
    This has been a tough year for everyone.
    I would also suggest adding a way to “report” a thread.

MNdrifter

No.

I value the wide variety of experience here. Makes us stronger as a group with a lot of comradary. We have a lot of knowledge here way beyond hunting and fishing. It would be a shame to let that go to waste. When we hang with our buddies, we don’t just talk about one or two topics, if we did it would become boring and you would lose interest in those friends. Kinda like hanging out with some people you work with outside of work, and all they want to talk about is work. Just my two cents, not that it matters much.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘IDO Poll – Ends Friday 6/26’ is closed to new replies.