IDO Poll – Ends Friday 6/26

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

IDO Poll – Ends Friday 6/26

Simple YES or NO answer to the following question. (Comments welcome too.)

Should IDO moderators dust off all Non-Fishing or Non-Outdoor topics? This would include current events not related to hunting and fishing.

Let say between now and November 3rd we tighten up policy? See how that works?

Once vote per account.

You will need to register to vote.

Thanks in advance.

-J.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I guess it’s a no. I don’t have to read it. Changed from a yes earlier but I agree it’s not really a big deal either way.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Would the potential ban include topics such as gardening? Sharing random recipes? Father’s Day and other celebrations/holidays? Memorial posts? Post about fun TV shows? Music? If those would be banned too then I vote NO. I think lots of people like those posts as much as the fishing and outdoors-related topics. There’s so much great advice on here! And I wouldn’t want people to stop posting things like plumbing questions or service recommendations just because posts might get a bit off topic from time to time.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

No – there is more to life than just fishing and hunting. You all do understand how sites like this work correct???? They are dependent on high traffic volume. If some non fishing and hunting topics keep the site traffic up, and that’s what is needed to keep the site open and running. I am willing to live with them. Its rather simple, If your not interested in a topic, Skip it and move onto one you are interested in.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Would the potential ban include topics such as gardening? Sharing random recipes? Father’s Day and other celebrations/holidays? Memorial posts? Post about fun TV shows? Music? If those would be banned too then I vote NO. I think lots of people like those posts as much as the fishing and outdoors-related topics. There’s so much great advice on here! And I wouldn’t want people to stop posting things like plumbing questions or service recommendations just because posts might get a bit off topic from time to time.

X2! It’s a NO from me.

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

No.

Ripjiggen

Agree. No

Coletrain27

X2. just get rid of the political posts

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Jon – I have a question for you. What is the roll of the Keymaster’s here on this site? I see that in place of Participant under some usernames. I assumed that these people were the acting moderator’s for the site.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Isn’t there a way to add a poll on a post. It sure would be nice if there was a way to see the results without needing to look thru and keeping track of the reply’s

drewbop
    Duluth

No – if it’s a political thread, I most likely won’t read it.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I would say no. Seems you guys do a fairly good job even if it’s not always consistent.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Agreed. I’d like to understand exactly what is being suggested here.

Personally I’d just like to see the existing rules either enforced or updated. Foggy expectations always leads to issues.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

No. Unless they become inappropriate, I say leave them be.
    It’s easy enough to avoid certain threads if I choose to.
    I realize that this is a privately owned website and that they have every right to sensor anything they choose but this is America afterall, in America we have a constitutional right to free speech and to have our own opinions.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

No.

I appreciate hearing other people’s point of view. There are a number of people that are on here just to get people riled up. I think it would be better to dust them and not the threads that need to be discussed.

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

No….based on Sharon’s comments.

However, political posts/threads almost always turn ugly. There is a line to be weary of. Political posts regarding outdoor topics like hunting, fishing, nature, should be welcome and a part of the banter here, but a close eye kept on the civility of conversation. A quicker trigger should be used to delete, suspend or ban those that turn a valuable, productive thread ugly. Healthy discussion is fine….belittling, calling names, making accusations are all firestarters and destroy something that was once good and informative.

My $.02

chomps
    Sioux City IA

No and Sharon for President

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

No. But give people a timeout if they become combative or derogatory towards others.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Based on how some other sites have gone to pot attempting to do the same, and based on Sharon’s point, i say no.

I will add that like some have mentioned I think people who insult others, are consistently mean or rude, or are only here to post about their political beliefs and do not add to the fishing and hunting topics (with the exception of dutchboy whom we all love) should be dealt with more swiftly using temporary bans. If they show no change then permanent bans.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Based on how some other sites have gone to pot attempting to do the same, and based on Sharon’s point, i say no.

I will add that like some have mentioned I think people who insult others, are consistently mean or rude, or are only here to post about their political beliefs and do not add to the fishing and hunting topics (with the exception of dutchboy whom we all love) should be dealt with more swiftly using temporary bans. If they show no change then permanent bans.

This is my take as well. Official vote of “no”.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

No

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No. Then its will be like walleye central. Too dull. General Discussion should cover anything. Nobody is forcing anyone to follow a thread. If someone gets way out of line then cut them off. Suspend or ban. Moderators have done that here successfully in the past. I can think of one recent banning that was well earned.

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

No. Politics and religion delete away, but “Whats for dinner”, now that must stay!

munchy
    NULL

Simply NO….

Don’t like a topic, don’t click on it. I do it every day.

I don’t care for endless conversation about what [insert sports team] should do because [insert player] is injured, or any hunting related topic, or where you’re going fishing/hunting for opener, etc etc. I simply scroll on by. Doesn’t hurt me and won’t hurt anyone else to ignore topics that don’t interest you.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘IDO Poll – Ends Friday 6/26’ is closed to new replies.