• BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

No

Fish To Escape

No. Unless we are trying to create a safe space for snowflakes

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

No.

Ultimately many of the off-topics has a direct impact on us as sportsmen-women. I don’t know where the exact line is for politics to be appropriate or inappropriate???

Maybe test the water with a “current events” sub folder for those who wish to participate. Yet is keeps it off of the general forum??? I personally skip past the majority of them. But if it’s in a sub folder then people will need to seek it out

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Agree with Randy….sub forum

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Yes.
    More fishing less pisxing

Back to why I joined please….

“1) In-Depth Outdoors offers these forums to anglers and hunters of all experience levels and interests. We are here to learn and grow together and to have fun. Be kind to one another. Be helpful when possible and take the time to share your enjoyment of the outdoors with others.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

No.

Ultimately many of the off-topics has a direct impact on us as sportsmen-women. I don’t know where the exact line is for politics to be appropriate or inappropriate???

Maybe test the water with a “current events” sub folder for those who wish to participate. Yet is keeps it off of the general forum??? I personally skip past the majority of them. But if it’s in a sub folder then people will need to seek it out

X2 – I would be fine with a new folder.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

No and Sharon for President

X2
    No to the first question asked for the concerns Presidential candidate Sharon stated-I like what’s for dinner and Tom’s backyard birding threads. As President, I assume Sharon would wield veto powers?

There were actually 3 questions in the original post(okay, like 2 1/2).
    Should IDO moderators dust off all Non-Fishing or Non-Outdoor topics? NO for reasons stated above.
    Let say between now and November 3rd we tighten up policy? Strong YES. It’s getting hard not to see a thread get derailed these days; it used to be better.

Tom or Grouse for VEEP?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I have to say NO, because some of the ugliest threads over the last few years have been specifically about fishing. All you have to do is make a post about Mille Lacs or two lines in the summer and off we go. On the other hand, some of the non-outdoors related posts have been very helpful to some members, and sometimes even brings us closer together.

I think I understand where you’re going with this Jon, and I support your efforts. Unfortunately this is a very complex issue.

SR

steelslinger71

No. I agree with munchy. No one is forced to read anything on this site. If you are not interested move on to the next topic.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

No. Then its will be like walleye central. Too dull. General Discussion should cover anything. Nobody is forcing anyone to follow a thread. If someone gets way out of line then cut them off. Suspend or ban. Moderators have done that here successfully in the past. I can think of one recent banning that was well earned.

I’ll piggyback on Suzuki and say definitely NO.

I’ll say it’s better to just cut out the bad wood rather than chop down the whole tree.

And as many have already said, nobody is forcing anyone to look at, follow, or comment on a thread.

And is human nature, people don’t really want to stare at a terrible car crash, yet they cannot seem to turn away.

Also to add, the past several months have been beyond just strange with world events and naturally how people react will be exaggerated.

Lastly, for those that remember LSF…when a moderator became overzealous with his power trip, that site suffered a quick death.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Strong no… however it is your site, so whatever you guys choose to do with it is up to you.

This site has become about the only multiple time a day check in for me. Mostly due to the non fishing and hunting related stuff. I read most every post on here. I do not say much, unless I have something helpful to say, and occasionally get caught up in a good old fashioned pot stirring.

Main reason I keep coming back is because it is the only outdoor site I know of that has not been killed off due to lack of traffic. Most days the most enjoyable threads are not directly hunting and fishing related.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

NO… we are adults and can filter through what we want to see.

I don’t do facebook and such – this is where I go to see what often times like minded individuals are saying… plus I like the “garden” stuff )

I stop in a couple times a day – just looking at today’s topics, maybe have the off “outdoors” stuff under a second pulldown?

Agree with Randy…. may be a good way.

No.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

No. Agree that things have gotten a little off rails. I do remember LSF and that was sad the way it went down. Also agree that some members need to get nuked for some constant attacking.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

NO!

Even if that means some get their feathers ruffled and it is more work for the mods.
    We all have our thoughts and believes, not everyone has to agree with them, yet if one wants they should be able to discuss.
    If you find a post that you do not want to read, simply do not click on it.

Ron

eyeguy507
    SE MN

no but who really cares. cant believe how soft people are these days

JEREMY
    BP

NO. As said if you don’t like it don’t look

Mike m

Yes . Agree with fbrm

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

No way. I have saved hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on outboard and truck repairs here. I have made maple syrup in my yard. I have sought help with HVAC, refrigerators, etc.

“General” is a place for DIY people to get help from people who tend towards doing stuff themselves.

If you are just talking about the obvious political garbage then sure, ban it.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

No.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Maybe test the water with a “current events” sub folder for those who wish to participate.

This is the best answer. Make a free for all politics/religion thread that is a cesspool that people can enter or not.

Don’t mess with people wanting help with random stuff.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘IDO Poll – Ends Friday 6/26’ is closed to new replies.