Good day today in La Crosse

• mrCROWLEY138
    La Crosse, WI

I had a great day today fishing from 8:30 until about 3:00. It was beautiful out and the bite really got hot around 11:30. I caught gill after gill with a bunch in the 7.5+ keeper range. I wasn’t keeping today though. I also got two bonus 12″ perch and one monster 13″er. No pics as my touch screen phone doesn’t like to respond when cold. I only left because my hands were feezing from taking fish off constantly. For a couple hours I litterally didn’t have time to put my hands in my pockets to warm them before I got a bite. That reminds me, I was fishing waxies under a bobber, and they were slamming it. I only left because the jig I was using got bit off, and of course, I only had one. Well, and because I was freezing, haha. Now I need to go restock on that certain jig. If you want more details feel free to PM me. We’ll chat.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sounds like my kind of trip.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Sounds like a great day guy

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I bet the hands did chill today taking fish off the hook. There was a litle bite in the air.
    Sounds like a blast, thanks for the report and great read
    You made the hair stand on the back of my neck

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks for the nice report. There were a few guys out fishing on Monona Bay here in Madison this morning when I drove by.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Jerry,

Would that be for gills or first ice perch? I got to get my butt back on that lake!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.