Prior Lake eye report.

• gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

Went out last night at 2 to set up on my favorite weed line to see if I could get any walleye’s. I drilled 10-12 holes zig-zagging back and forth from 12 to 17fow. Set a tip-up in 15fow, and rigged up a buckshot spoon and another rod with a plain hook and bobber. Started jigging out in the deeper holes. I had fish coming up to take a look but no takers. Thought about it for a minute and decided to see if I could get one to go on a waxie. Dropped it down and bam, it was perch chasing my spoon. Good news Where I have been getting perch this year I have been getting the eye’s. Went back to the spoon and at 3:30 I got my only keeper for the night, a fat 17″ walleye. I continued hopping around from hole to hole got 1 more little 10″ eye, missed 1 on the tip-up and had 1 more good hit on the spoon. I was joined by Marty28 at about 5 and we fished till 7 without a bite. I was still marking fish but they did not want what I was offering.

All in all a good day. It was good to chat with you again Marty Did you end up getting any after I left??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.