rainy ice

• uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Report from a friend – 5″ of ice in Black Bay on Rainy this past weekend, but we are supposed to get 7-11″ of snow tonight – so that’s not good.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

at least it’s not rain…Our ice…Is non-existant as of today. the good thing for us is that we will be able to start out fresh, and get some good ice on the water…Heck if i were you guys i would be rushing out now before the “blizzard”. Its been a long year of awaiting the ice fishing season. Consider it lucky to have that much ice!

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey Wes,

Good to hear from you! How’s life up north?

Good Fishing,
    Mike

RAINyMAN
    Stillwater, Mn

Hi. Do you fish Black Bay thru the ice ? Understand it’s pretty shallow. I’m looking into moving to the area next year (that’s why I picked RAINyMAN as a username). Thanks…..

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Great Mike. I love it up here but all the opportunities don’t leave much time for honeydo projects. I thank God for an understanding wife!!
    We might try Red Lake this weekend.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Rainyman – I’ve never fished Black Bay through the ice but know a couple guys who know it well and like to set spearing houses there. I have fished it during open water a few times in the spring for crappies. This past June walleyes were going well there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.