Pine Lake near Baldwin

• j_d
    Warroad, MN

Anyone been out to Pine lately, I was out there a couple of times last week, had some decent crappie action but that was about it. Just wondering if everyone is having the same luck?

mazzer
    WESTERN WIS.

we haven’t been out there in a couple of weeks. we were getting small crappies and sunnies. although we did get two notherens on tip-ups. a 6-6 and a 10-7. lots of fun.we should be heading out again soon, now that it has warmed up.

j_d
    Warroad, MN

Mazzer- where abouts do you fish on the lake by the aerators? I am fishing by the first areator and have not caught any pike that size. I know they are in there, it is just a fact of catching them. I will be out fishing on Sat or Sun, I have to figure this out still. JD

Pax
    Woodville, WI

Same old crap – Lots of small crappies and ‘gills. Since everyone can drive out there, there has been A LOT more hunyucks and rude people. Had some guys set up no more than 6 feet from me yesterday! Then later a guy drove his minvan no more than 8 feet from my portable and just sat there and stared at me! What the hell is going on?!?!?—-Pax

ScottM
    Baldwin, WI

The lake gets too much pressure. People keep too many small fish. There are no big panfish left in this lake. In my opinion, the DNR should close the lake again for a couple years, then reopen it with a limited bag for panfish. Should be 10 per person. Just my two sense. – Scott

mazzer
    WESTERN WIS.

hey j.d.

we set our tip-ups just outside the bay rigt across from the launch. anywhere from 6′-12′. got them just before dark. hope to make it back out sometime this week. yeah, there are some good ones in there. we pulled out 2 10’s and a 12 this past summer. let one of the 10’s and the 12 go back. step-daughter couldn’t be talked into putting the other 10 back. what a shame. good luck to you!

j_d
    Warroad, MN

I was wondering if anybody had heard about people catching walleyes out at Pine. I have talked to a couple of guys who have pulled out some nice fish. As far as the people go I move down away from the crowds. Even though there are tons of people there are always spots you can go to get away from the crowds.

ScottM
    Baldwin, WI

I’ve heard of a few people catching some but it’s not like it was before. The DNR closed the lake about five years ago and stocked it with walleyes. When they opened it they set the limit to 5 and 15″. Dumbest thing they could have done. It took less than a year and the lake was pretty much fished out. You still get a couple here and there and yes, there are some big ones. Hopefully the big ones get released!! I was out there on Sat. morning, fished 18 fow, caught 10 keeper craps and through back 10 or more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.