VX-1pro question

• josh a

I just got a chance to use this for the first time this weekend and I wasn’t that impressed with it. The problem was all the marks on the screen continuously move back and forth. Example- I was fishing in 14 fow with a jig set 1 foot off the bottom. The marks for the bottom and my jig would constantly move between 14 and 15 fow. It drove me nuts and I’m really regretting the purchase. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

BBKK
    IA

Yes, and my problem was a weak battery! Did you fully charge it before using it?

Mine did it off and on for about a year until the battery finally went, I purchased a 9ah off amazon to replace it and it has not done it since. This was 2 years ago.

It also drove me nuts, especially when in a dark shanty!

fygr8

I have run this unit for two years now and there is not a better unit for the dollar out there!IMO

What you have going on is not normal and the battery not charged is a possibility.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have to agree with the low battery diagnosis..
    My LX6 will do the same thing if I do not keep the battery charged up enough.

I know they are not the same units.. but It would be a good shot..

josh a

I charged the battery for a few hours before I used it even though the manual said it came with a charged battery. I hate to think that they’d send it with a battery that was too weak to run it properly. I guess I’ll be calling Marcum tomorrow. Thanks for the tips guys

BBKK
    IA

The units are assembled with a charged battery, but they can go dead in as little as 6 months by just sitting. Last year there were several people who reported 16-18 hours of charging was needed to completely charge their new out of the box marcum flashers.

castle-rock-clown

The charger should have a tattle tail light. Plug it into the unit, ignore the clock, and don’t disconnect till it indicates full charge. Then test the unit. Batteries may leave the factory fully charged but will self discharge varying amounts depending on time and temp.

dairycat

I had to send mine in to Marcum. I thought it was a bad battery, switched batteries still would seem to have a weak signal. So sent unit in, back in two days no charge

josh a

I guess I’ll leave it plugged in for a good long time to make certain the charge is full. But if the unit only works top notch with a 100% charged battery how long could it last on the ice before the screen started jumping around? Its frustrating to hear such good reviews about this unit and than have it not work right the first time out. Rumor has it Marcum has great customer service so I guess I’m not too worried about it. Thanks again to the guys who own this unit that chimed in here

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Batteries in general have a history for being finicky. If the overnight charge doesn’t do the trick, I’m sure Marcum will take care of the issue.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.