13 Fishing TearDrop Reel

• shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

I got mine last week and spooled it up with orange suffix line, and respooled my 6061 with green micro ice. The teardrop went onto my TUCR 32″ Precision, and the TUCR has orange highlights to match the 13 Fishing colors and line color…. I haven’t dialed in the drag yet, waiting till i tie on a jig to do it.

For those that want to know how to dial in the drag, the drag is actually the star shaped dial by the crank, not the line brake knob nor the twist knob by the frenched disassembly button. The dial by the frenched button it to fine tune the line brake.

Teardrop 1

Teardrop 2

Teardrop 3

Teardrop 4

Teardrop 5

Teardrop 6

Also got my “the Jobber” hat

Jobber 1

Jobber 2

clintradtke

Quote:

I got mine last week and spooled it up with orange suffix line, and respooled my 6061 with green micro ice. The teardrop went onto my TUCR 32″ Precision, and the TUCR has orange highlights to match the 13 Fishing colors and line color…. I haven’t dialed in the drag yet, waiting till i tie on a jig to do it.

For those that want to know how to dial in the drag, the drag is actually the star shaped dial by the crank, not the line brake knob nor the twist knob by the frenched disassembly button. The dial by the frenched button it to fine tune the line brake.

Teardrop 1

Teardrop 2

Teardrop 3

Teardrop 4

Teardrop 5

Teardrop 6

Jobber 1

Jobber 2

So how does the rod and reel balance feel? The way the reel looks it seems the rod would want to twist towards the reel handles.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

Teardrop 1

Teardrop 2

Teardrop 3

Teardrop 4

Teardrop 5

Teardrop 6

Jobber 1

Jobber 2

So how does the rod and reel balance feel? The way the reel looks it seems the rod would want to twist towards the reel handles.

it feels pretty level…. the 6061 always felt like it was twisting but luckily for me i kept my palm on the spool no issues there.

fisherman-andy

Anyone know if there are differences between this year’s BB 6061 and last years BB 6061 besides the colors? Any improvements?

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Anyone know if there are differences between this year’s BB 6061 and last years BB 6061 besides the colors? Any improvements?

I do believe that they reworked the drag, but not for sure on that one…. that is about it as far as i know….

fisherman-andy

I couldnt help myself any longer. Just pulled the trigger on a new 13 Fishing Tear Drop ice reel also purchased from Angler’s Guide HQ.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

This years 6061 is a lot tighter than last years they also have an upgraded drag. I played with the new drag last winter and it made a huge differance.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Is it really that much better than a spinning reel for that price? I can see the Frabill and Eagle Claw multipliers going for around 30 bucks that is respectable but 100 and 120 for the BB’s? I can buy three very good spinning reels for 120 and still catch the same amount of fish IMO.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

you have a valid point. I guess if I were fishing clear and shallow water with a very small presentation I wouldn’t want my small jig to spin, which is what happens to any spinning reel. If you use a heavy 1/8th or larger ice lure I don’t think spinning lures are the problem. I’d also like to try one out in 25 FOW jig’n for perch or walleye to see if they really make a huge difference.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I fished 2 of the 6061’s last season and I felt like they were a lot more productive. I like to fish Florocarbon and I saved a lot of time with just line managment. I noticed that I was always correcting line twist when i did use a spinning reel so for me the straight line reels were a huge bonus.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

you have a valid point. I guess if I were fishing clear and shallow water with a very small presentation I wouldn’t want my small jig to spin, which is what happens to any spinning reel. If you use a heavy 1/8th or larger ice lure I don’t think spinning lures are the problem. I’d also like to try one out in 25 FOW jig’n for perch or walleye to see if they really make a huge difference.

Well Pete, Let’s head to bitter some weekend this winter and you can give my Teardrop and 6061 a demo…

shaley
    Milford IA

I fished my 2 6061’s as deep as 45′ last season for perch, dropped as fast or faster than most my spinning reels… To me yes it increased catch ratio by getting back down faster and no line hang ups like with spinning gear…

fisherman-andy

Anyone know the spec weight on the Tear Drop. Feels surprisingly heavy?

evobassfish

Can you please tell me how the drag performs under a load?

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I ended up on a Large Mouth bite late in the ice season last year with the updated drag system and on 2 lb test it handled flawlessly. The Teardrops and 6061’s have that drag system and feel great in the time I have used them so far this fall.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.