Can we expect a new Marcum LX6/7/9 soft update?

• fisherman-andy

I would love to see if Marcum has an plans for an software update release to fine tweak the LX6/7/9 even further this winter?

tucrs
    NW Metro

What would you suggest for changes?

Just wondering I was really happy with the last update. Very happy.

bushy402
    Nebraska

1.4 will be out soon if it isn’t all ready!

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Any knowledge what the 1.4 will add to the unit?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Any knowledge what the 1.4 will add to the unit?

Here’s what MarCum is willing to share at this time. More info will be shared prior to the updates being made available.

From MarCum Technologies:

New Updates will be released in 2013 (Mid-Dec) each of the digital series LX-6, Lx-7 & LX-9 will have an update:

– Improvements made to the user experience.
    – Control and performance enhancements.
    – best of all a few new features!

Marcum12

Sounds like great news from Marcum. I haven.’t even been able to try the last update except a couple minutes in my boat as I just got my 7 this last spring.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Will be purchasing a LX-7 this week. Does anyone know if MarCum will ever have a Mac version for updating. Looks like for now I will have to use a friends PC for updates.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

You could always try Bootcamp or Parallels. I also have a Mac and will try one of these options once the new update releases. I hope it works

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Will be purchasing a LX-7 this week. Does anyone know if MarCum will ever have a Mac version for updating. Looks like for now I will have to use a friends PC for updates.

I just emailed MarCum on this. I’ll post up when I hear back from them.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Quote:

James – just read this, sorry to hijack but thought I’d pass it along.

Yes, upgrades will be offered for each digital series unit. Historically they’ve offered these in the mid to late Dec. time frame, so I’d expect them then.

Joel

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

Quote:

I’ll be waiting for the new upgrade, the new unit came with 3.01 hope at that point I’ll be able to use my MAC to do it.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

IceAssylum – If you have an LX9 you’ll be able to use your Mac. Mostly because the update is done via SD card. It’s still a no-go on the LX6-7 for the Mac unfortunately.

Joel

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’ll be waiting for the new upgrade, the new unit came with 3.01 hope at that point I’ll be able to use my MAC to do it.

I heard from MarCum on the update situation as it pertains to Mac compatibility.

Good news for some. Not so much for others…

Owners can update their LX9’s using their Mac computer using the SD card method. At this time LX9’s still CANNOT be upgraded using a USB cable attached to a Mac computer.

The LX6 and LX7 upgrade procedure will not be able to be made Mac-compatible.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

IceAssylum – If you have an LX9 you’ll be able to use your Mac. Mostly because the update is done via SD card. It’s still a no-go on the LX6-7 for the Mac unfortunately.

Joel

Yup, what he said.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

LX-9 Thanks guys now I will find who my friends are. LOL

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.