That Time Again

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

With the weather cooling down and tomorrow looking like hoodie weather it seems to be a good time to charge up those Marcum batteries and give your auger a good run.

Only a couple more months boys!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

With the weather cooling down and tomorrow looking like hoodie weather it seems to be a good time to charge up those Marcum batteries and give your auger a good run.

Only a couple more months boys!

Funny, I just fired up my Solo and my Honda today. Like you said, must be something to do with the weather that had me thinking about my dust covered hole punchers in the garage.

Bryan Myers

I just fogged the solo and the snowblower last week so I would plan on snow this week!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I just fogged the solo and the snowblower last week so I would plan on snow this week!

I’m just happy that I finally got my Otter out of the back of my truck. It was getting embarrassing.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Don’t feel bad I just got mine up on the storage shelf this past weekend! Fired up the Solo for it’s monthly warm up and put the charger on the Marcum.

I’m selling my boat and downsizing to dad’s 14ft 25HP tiller. I can pull it with a car and save a lot on gas both in the tow vehicle and the boat.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’m selling my boat and downsizing to dad’s 14ft 25HP tiller. I can pull it with a car and save a lot on gas both in the tow vehicle and the boat.

From the looks of the ramps at the lakes I’ve been fishing $4 gallon gas has been hitting people hard when it comes to recreation. Not that I want busy ramps but I do like to see more people out enjoying the resources.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Guys, I have to disagree with your “putting away” strategies. This year, I am keeping the snow blower ready until July. After a couple days of baking in the 90’s, I’ll be the first one screaming for winter

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I sit here in my office wondering when I will break down and turn the furnace on! brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I sit here in my office wondering when I will break down and turn the furnace on! brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nancy…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

My kids wanted the fireplace on this AM. I said NO, tough’n up!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I dont have a sherpa weight IDO hoodie like you guys…..

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I dont have a sherpa weight IDO hoodie like you guys…..

Still doesn’t get you all the way to cool. Maybe halfway… after all, it is one heck of a nice hoodie.

tucrs
    NW Metro

You guys put your stuff away???
    I just keep everything ready to go, it is Minnesota….

So I have noticed that $4 gas has kept the boat traffic off the lake. I don’t see the jet skis, and rec guys out yet. Even with the water being cold you think they would have to come out sometime.

I think everyone is thinking about gas now. When my tank cost me $145 to fill that actually seemed painful.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

You guys put your stuff away???
    I just keep everything ready to go, it is Minnesota….

So I have noticed that $4 gas has kept the boat traffic off the lake. I don’t see the jet skis, and rec guys out yet. Even with the water being cold you think they would have to come out sometime.

I think everyone is thinking about gas now. When my tank cost me $145 to fill that actually seemed painful.

Along with high gas prices I’m pretty sure the lack of warm weather is also to blame. People will flock to the water once its swimmable and the air temp is in the 80’s.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

I’m just happy that I finally got my Otter out of the back of my truck. It was getting embarrassing.

I KNEW I was not the only one

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

When it costs me $225 to fill the boat and truck with gas, it’s time for me to rethink my fishing habits! I can fill the car and 14 ft boat for $80, drive farther and fish just as well. Not as comfy and I have to watch the weather a little closer but 3 trips to one for the same cost makes a difference.

Plus I will get a few $$ back in my pocket when I sell my boat. That and Dad will always be with me in that empty seat in his boat keeping me company! RIP Dad.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

Quote:

When it costs me $225 to fill the boat and truck with gas, it’s time for me to rethink my fishing habits! I can fill the car and 14 ft boat for $80, drive farther and fish just as well. Not as comfy and I have to watch the weather a little closer but 3 trips to one for the same cost makes a difference.

Plus I will get a few $$ back in my pocket when I sell my boat. That and Dad will always be with me in that empty seat in his boat keeping me company! RIP Dad.

Ouch! Maybe being boatless for the time being isn’t all that terrible afterall. At least the contribution when I’m mooching isn’t as big of a bite.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I got my auger right next to my lawnmower. I fire it up about every 4-8 mow. About once a month.

The snowblower is in the shed. That one might be harder to stay on top of.

The thing is with my mower, I don’t bother starting that all winter and I leave gas in it. Then I just put Seafoam in the first time I start it in the spring.

I’d be more bummed if the snow blower or auger runs into issues, as opposed to the lawn mower.

Now why the heck am I in the ice fishing forum???

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I got my auger right next to my lawnmower. I fire it up about every 4-8 mow. About once a month.

You guys not getting the rain like we are down here? We are mowing every 2 days. Last year we were begging for water, now we are wishing it was dryer!

kooty
    Keymaster

It’s been “just right” here in the metro. Not too much at any one time. But we haven’t seen the sun much either. Highs in the low 60’s. Corn is 3-4 inches tall, beans are just sprouted decent. Our friends out west have been getting doused though. Dad is over 7 inches in the last 3 weeks. That’s normally a full year. Added on top of the spring snows, the stock dams are full.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

You guys not getting the rain like we are down here? We are mowing every 2 days. Last year we were begging for water, now we are wishing it was dryer!

Well, I refuse to cut when the grass is wet because the grass clumps on the lawn and it clumps on the blades meaning I’ll get strips of uncut longer grass. And it also means with the wet weather my grass is longer than I would like to have it. However, I’ve always wanted to let my grass grow longer in the spring to let it establish itself.

BBKK
    IA

I think my neighbor is thinking the same thing. He didnt mow last week and his grass is over a foot tall. Cant wait to see him try and mow it.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m on a 5 day rotation now. But my yard is suffering from last summer. My kids pulverized what grass we had after I quit watering.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Mowed it last night at the longer setting again. Looks like rain tomorrow. Hopefully it dries out and I can bring it down a notch Monday.

We rarely see mosquitoes in our yard, but they love this longer grass. They haven’t been biting though? Must be too cool out for them. I’ve sat there at sundown and not had one land on me yet.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Flip over is still on the garage floor. With the late ice season and cool spring I may need it soon.LOL

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.