What do you guys think?

• smackemup
    North Metro

I am looking to take a trip first week of March. I am split between lake of the woods and red lake. I feel like these two are my best bets but am open to suggestions. Bringing the old man and brother who don’t fish often want to get them on some fish. I feel like red may have hotter bite right now but it may be slowing and lake of the woods is slower now but the bite might pick up in the next couple weeks. Whatcha think?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I am looking to take a trip first week of March. I am split between lake of the woods and red lake. I feel like these two are my best bets but am open to suggestions. Bringing the old man and brother who don’t fish often want to get them on some fish. I feel like red may have hotter bite right now but it may be slowing and lake of the woods is slower now but the bite might pick up in the next couple weeks. Whatcha think?

I assume you are talking crappie. The Red Lake crappie bite is all but dead. You still hear of guys catching them from time to time. However I would say Rainy or LOW would be much better for crappie.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Or walleye.. thats why i would drive to red lake. New slot plus good reports. Late ice LOW should be alot better though so id prob go with LOW.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Walleye season will be closed on Red in March. (Walleye closes Feb 24)

-J.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Walleye season will be closed on Red in March. (Walleye closes Feb 24)

-J.

Yep

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

The DNR won’t give a free pass for catching walleys in March on Red even if you play the dumb card, I would head to LOTW or Rainy. I have preference to LOTW and will be heading there the first weekend in March myself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.