Pool 10 report

• fishiowa93
    Eastern Iowa

Went out on Bussey today. Came home with 15 nice fat perch, the biggest two were just under 12″. We were also running tip-ups all day to no avail Talked to a number of different people and nobody was catching any. Needless to say, I didn’t get off my bucket when people came by

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

lure? bait? pictures?

fishiowa93
    Eastern Iowa

I’ll get a picture up soon. Silver slender spoons and purple sparkle lil’ mics were the spoon of choice. Tried tipping them with everything all morning (waxies, spikes, minnow heads, gulp, nothing) and really had to work for them. About noon when I switched out a dead shiner on one of the flags I decided to try a little strip of meat off it. Couldn’t believe the difference it made! They started smacking the spoons. Basically would cut the fillet off the shiner, cut it into strips (maybe 1/4″ wide, 1″ long) and would then split the bottom half of each piece once it was on the hook. Hope that makes sense.

fishiowa93
    Eastern Iowa

Lied on the count when I posted that (it was late). 13 perch, 1 crappie, and 1 bluegill. Also had a DNR officer come out and chat for a half hour. Another good experience with the Iowa DNR. Always nice to see them out in a positive way and not just checking licenses becuase they have to.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.