Marcum flasher firmware 3.17 is up for download

• fisherman-andy

Marcum LX7 firmware 3.17 is up for download

Go to their site download the file to perform the upgrade. You will need a USB cable and please read all instructions fully before doing so.

This new version (3.17) will update your LX-7 to include all the sonar performance developed for the 2013 Digital Sonar Systems. Sensitivity/Gain adjustments have been added for more low end adjustability. More low end settings will allow for more micro adjustments, and improve performance of the Automatic & Dynamic range settings. For owners upgrading from version 2.9 or lower this update will bring in the chart zoom view mode. Note that there are two different files for download below. Make sure you select the correct upgrade file based on the version your system is currently running.

– There is no upgrade yet seen for the LX6 or LX9, hopefully those get posted today also to ease LX6/9 owners.

– Please post your reviews if you get a chance to use the new update on the ice this week.

kennyd

Yay!,,,just updated! Hopefully it is as good as 2.9 was last year!

castle-rock-clown

Quote:

See “I’m scared” post.

kennyd

Quote:

Quote:

See “I’m scared” post.

I’m updating from 3.01 so it can’t be worse

fisherman-andy

Looks like the LX6 firmware for v3.17 has just been posted for download. Update at will boys! I know I will…

Vandy
    Central Iowa

James do you know if a person sends there 7 in to get upgraded to a 9, will the 3.17 be installed on the 9?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James do you know if a person sends there 7 in to get upgraded to a 9, will the 3.17 be installed on the 9?

Yes it will. Any unit that comes into MarCum for repairs or upgrades will be updated to the latest software version.

Vandy
    Central Iowa

Thank you.

jld
    Holmen

How big a deal is this to do? I am no computer wizard but looking at the instructions briefly on the Marcum site it didn’t seem real difficult. Just need to get a cord.

joetc
    Rogers and Longville, MN

Watch the video they have on the site. It was very easy.

Joe

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

DITTO on watching the video !!!

I just downloaded the new version to my LX-6 and I will be out on Onalaska tomorrow !!!

I have never been there before but I have an eye appointment up in LAX tomorrow so I’m bringing my gear with…

feel free to pm me with any helpfull hints for the area if you want !!!

I found getting the rubber USB flap seated back correctly to be the most difficult part. The install was super easy and the unit booted with all my previous settings.

kennyd

I agree! hahaa takes literally 30 seconds…cant wait for feedback on 3.17!

Quote:

I found getting the rubber USB flap seated back correctly to be the most difficult part. The install was super easy and the unit booted with all my previous settings.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I downloaded the upgrade form 2.9 and followed the directions exactly, I get the chirping, connect my usb, open the file, drag the download into it, but I don’t hear a steady tone, it just goes quiet, then starts chirping again when it says it’s done installing, I click safe to remove, unplug the usb, power off and when I turn it back on and go to settings it shows version 2.9. I don’t think I’ve missed any steps but was wondering if I should restore factory settings and then try to install?

Ed

Stihl21
    Colorado

Are you positive you downloaded the update for “versions upgrading from 2.9 or lower” – and not the version for 3.01?

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Yes, I am positive I downloaded the proper upgrade. When I upgraded to the 2.9 I had no problem. I may have to call Marcum and talk with them to see if something is being done wrong.

Ed

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

A quick call to Marcum and all is well!! Upgraded to version 3.17 and ready to go!!!!!

Ed

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

Got it loaded,I will try it in the morning and report back with my findings. Paul

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

still nothing for the lx-9

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

I tried it out today and it seems less jumpy than 2.9, I was on a lake that is only 9 feet deep at the deepest so I couldn’t check the dynamic depth. I did notice that with lower sensitivity settings the digit depth readout would go to 0 even though the bottom was showing up, no big deal there. I did really like the chart zoom and left that on most of the time I was out today. The new menu is easy enough to get used to as well. I’m giving it the thumbs up.

zab.jr
    Winona, Mn

Will I be able to do this update from my iMac or do I need a windows platform?

joetc
    Rogers and Longville, MN

Won’t work with a Mac accounting to Marcum.

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

Windows only

MNEric90
    Shakopee, MN

Quote:

Will I be able to do this update from my iMac or do I need a windows platform?

Windows ONLY. Very simple process. Simple as plug it in, click, drag, wait, unplug

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.