Drill Adapter For Ice Auger

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

There were a few questions awhile back on making a Drill adapter that would prevent your drill asembly from falling down the hole. Here is my solution, I took a stock Nimrod adapter and had a larger washer welded just below the Drill Chuck, then had a collar made with 2 pieces of bar stock welded on and then held that in place with a roll pin.

with this setup the bars spin freely enugh that if you get in the way of one while it is spinning it isn’t going to hurt….to Bad. And I don’t have to worry about plastic or anything else breaking.

jigging_jag
    SE Minnesota

Good idea! Was just thinking about this since my auger and adapter took a swim yesterday. Maybe got 16 holes total drilled and owned the adapter for 4 hours… At least the auger lasted almost a year

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

That was my biggest fear when building this setup. Hopefully you are able to recover it!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

That thing looks dangerous. I’d have gone with a circular peice instead of a bar. Mine came unbuckled once this weekend and I just picked it up and put it back on.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

That thing looks dangerous. I’d have gone with a circular peice instead of a bar. Mine came unbuckled once this weekend and I just picked it up and put it back on.

Actually it isn’t dangerous at all. That is the beauty of it, the bars spin freely so it doesn’t hurt when you get hit. I have gone the circular route and I never found a material that I wasn’t worried about breaking or looked good.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Never mind then excellent design. My hole hawg cost 22 dolars and it has some kind of light metal in a circle.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Has anyone had any luck using cordless drill and any blades other than the flat ones that come with hand augers?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.