Measuring Board

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I have decided it is time for me to add a measuring system to my ice gear. I would prefer a trough type system around 15-18 inches. What brand would you guys recommend?

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

try the crappie trough by Fishtrough real nice laser engraved.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Easy to make out of vinyl raingutter. Cut a piece of pine to fit one end, fasten with 3/4″ sheet rock screws and lay an adhesive ruler on the bottom… done and accurate! Basically the same as the DNR uses. If it breaks make another one. But I’ve used the same in the boat and on the ice for 6 years now.

Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

I also used vinyl rain gutter. I wanted mine to be compact so I used some vinyl bolts and wing nuts with a slot to shorten or lengthen.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I use the gutter as well but instead of an adhesive tape I bought a Judge measuring board and used stainless bolts and just bolted it in to the vinyl gutter. Works awesome.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

try the crappie trough by Fishtrough real nice laser engraved.

x2 Fishtrough! is the way to go

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

I use a Rapala 24″ fish ruler it has a fold down bump board and it’s only $5.99 on Rapala’s web site.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

I use a Rapala 24″ fish ruler it has a fold down bump board and it’s only $5.99 on Rapala’s web site.

Your link didn’t work, but I figured it out. 24″ folding ruler

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Thanks I tried to get the link to work a couple of times but couldn’t.Fleet Farm also sells them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.