Ice Fishing near Giants Ridge Biwabik

• Jeremy Hadrava

Just wondering about ice fishing near Giants Ridge by Biwabik. Any opportunities for a wheel house close (10 miles)? I looked at embarrass, Sabin and Colby. Mainly want a place to stay in the house and fishing a plus. Just don’t know the lakes and ice conditions in the area. Thanks.

Slipbob nick

Not familiar with fishing there but we skied there for the first time this winter. Awesome place!

Deuces

I was in biwabik for a week late fall, dragged the boat all the way for a work-cation hoping to find some open water. Froze up the very night we had time to get out, pizzed me off, but got some local bar info from a few locals during the week that sabin would be my best bet.

Not sure how that translates for your situation just throwing it out there.

Vis pizza and tnt bar had pretty darn good pizza, pulltabs machines sucked, but Megan’s in aurora had great food, daily special always kicked butt.

Unsure of the trout seasons but there’s a mine pit not far from town by voyageurs trail that looked to have easy access, season was closed when we went.

Reef W

Unsure of the trout seasons but there’s a mine pit not far from town by voyageurs trail that looked to have easy access, season was closed when we went.

Trout goes until end of March. Can’t get a wheelhouse into the mine pit though. The access is long and extremely steep and they plow it down to the lake so there is a huge pile at the bottom.

Reef W

Also I don’t specifically around Biwabik, besides the mine pit, because I usually am more north like vermilion and birch but pretty much all the lakes have had some slush issues that makes it really hard to drive anywhere not plowed.

Tinker
    Iron Range

Embarrass river runs thru Sabin and Embarrass. Very dark stained water. Access maybe a problem. Have you looked at Fishermans Point on Whitewater Lake in Hoyt Lakes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.