Ice Conditions

• breakerbreaker
    Inactive

6” of ice on the bodies of water I’ve been fishing in the S metro. Either I’m fishing terribly or the bite is terribly poor…

Today for me they were off extremely light on the bite mostly just seeing off a spring bobber. Completely off from the past few days we shall see tomorrow

Brittman

Dave has his Ford ranger on Chisago for over a week now.

I had an older friend (who passed away about 10 years ago now). He had a Ford Ranger with 4WD specifically for ice fishing … it was the only way he really could get out there and fish effectively. Trailers and sleds, etc… would have been a lot for him.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    Dave has his Ford ranger on Chisago for over a week now.

I had an older friend (who passed away about 10 years ago now). He had a Ford Ranger with 4WD specifically for ice fishing … it was the only way he really could get out there and fish effectively. Trailers and sleds, etc… would have been a lot for him.

This guy is a older gentleman late 70 years old, lived on the lake all his life. Has been the first truck on the lake for many many years. He was my old man’s neighbor for many years. When I see his truck out then I know it’s good to go. Everyone thinks he is nuts but he has never had a accident with the lake. More of a guy who understands the lake and its limits. And same thing, with out his truck and small skid house I don’t think he’d gets out comfortably

Tlazer

I just went out today to check the ice and slush conditions. I live on a lake in NW Wisconsin. Just about got stuck with all the slush. Some areas ok and other areas not so. There was about 2 inches of ice then 2 inches of water then another 2 inches of ice and 3-4 inches of water then about 14 inches of ice. Some areas had snow cover and all slush. I have a SXS with tracks and I was lucky to get it off the lake. Looks like another bad year for getting around.

Jensen

Lake by Hutchinson had around 12 inches of ice with slush pockets deep as 5 inches. 50/50 on people driving vs walking

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.