GPS suggestions???

• coppertop
    Central MN

I’m in the market for a GPS. I don’t know much about them. It will be strictly used for deer/shed hunting. I borrowed my bro’s Lowrance H2O last year and I was lucky to even get a full days use of battery life. I’m looking for something with good topos, heck I don’t even understand all the options when researching them. Just hoping someone has some good hands on experience. Thanks!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

The Garmin and Lowrance lines are what I use. Mainly because those are the same brands I run for GPS on my boat. I like the Lowrance menu better but the Garmin is very good. With Lowrance’s MapSelect, I am pretty sure you can pick your topos, download them on to a microSD and run it in your GPS. No need to buy a chip and hope it has what you want. You can buy what you need. The Garmin, you buy a map of a selected region and upload it to your handheld. Either way, I think you will get what you want. I would go to a store and play with a few different brands and question the salesman. As much as I hate to go off their opinion, they are sometimes helpful. I know there are more brands that will suit your needs but I have no experience with them. Let us know what you pick.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I believe Garmin is the best handheld manufacture out there. Now, will they fit your needs is another question. I’d first find out who makes the topo software for the area you want. Then find out what GPS is compatible from there. Likely, you’ll land back at Garmin.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

West Maring has the Garmin 76 series on sale for $149.00 through 1/4/12 with free shipping!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.