Humminbird 859ci HD DI

• fishbait

Looking at upgrading and interested in any thoughts on this unit (good, bad, problems). Appreciate any feed back and thank you for you time and thoughts. coffee

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Solid unit. smaller display for having a lot of information on the screen can be a downside. Also, it has internal GPS receiver and it needs a relatively clear space for decent reception compared to an external puck. I know guys using it as a portable for ice, small boats, and as a bow unit. Other than screen size, happy, happy, happy

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Here’s how I have my 688 set up. The readout won’t be as fast as a flasher, just a tad slower but you’ll be able to get used to it. Was going to get the ducer on the boat and make up a boat pivot point/quick connection

Attachments:
    1. image28.jpg

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Here’s how I have my 688 set up. The readout won’t be as fast as a flasher, just a tad slower but you’ll be able to get used to it. Was going to get the ducer on the boat and make up a boat pivot point/quick connection

Sorry for the hijack, Chomps, where did you get the ducer arm? I got the portable pack like that for my 597 but no arm. Thanks!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Contact shane123, he has access to to machines at work and does a good job, he’s also here in Sioux city

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Contact shane123, he has access to to machines at work and does a good job, he’s also here in Sioux city

That’s what I thought, thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.