How many Master’s Fan’s on here. A little fun pool

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Masters.com also has lots of live coverage.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Scheffler off to a good start

wkw

Tiger is holding up pretty good. Marching up those fairway like the old days.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Tiger is holding up pretty good. Marching up those fairway like the old days.

Holding up for 18-36 holes has not been the problem. It’s been 54-72 where he’s had the problems. To me he looked like he was in pain with every step. It’s kind of sad to see. His mind and Game are still there, but the body is not. I hope he can have a good tourney. I’m not real sure how many more good ones he has remaining. If anyone can defy the odds it is him.

CaptainMusky

Tiger definitely looked better than last year. He had a visible limp right off the start. Not so yesterday. I hope he can hold up, always fun to watch when he is competitive.

Hoyt4
    NULL

I think he would contend a lot more if he took the cart he would be allowed but chooses not to use one. I’m a fan either way it’s better with him there contending or not.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

So the current standings are :
    Dirty Water – 89 – Off to a great start
    Eelpout guy – 110
    Lindyrig – 126
    Big G 128
    Me 131 – Matsuyama hurting me
    BigWerm 138
    JoeMX144 – Dustin Johnson Killing you
    Charlie W 170 -Harmen Killing you

Lots of tourney left for changes

CaptainMusky

Tiger makes the cut with a nice round. 24 years in a row. THat is incredible.

dirtywater

So the current standings are :
    Dirty Water – 89 – Off to a great start
    Eelpout guy – 110
    Lindyrig – 126
    Big G 128
    Me 131 – Matsuyama hurting me
    BigWerm 138
    JoeMX144 – Dustin Johnson Killing you
    Charlie W 170 -Harmen Killing you

Lots of tourney left for changes

I think you and I are the only guys who didn’t have a missed cuts in our picks which just goes to show how brutal that wind was. It was wild watching it blow from the across the greens yesterday.

I thought tiger drew a really tough break having to get up early and play 23. His body early on was clearly not ready to play, but he loosened up over time. And by the time those late afternoon winds were peaking I started thinking he maybe had it pretty good playing early.

I really hope he can finish all 72. The talent level and mental fortitude are off the charts still, to be able to do this at 48 while many of the younger “top players” are either behind him or not playing the weekend.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Not a golf guy really but I have a couple of questions.

1) Do the Masters birds chirp through the blowing winds or are they fair weather birds?

2) Is the Masters a PGA event? Are the LIV guys playing?

3) Is it true CBS wants Romo to help Nance.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I have not gotten to watch as much this year but have seen a bit here and there. I thought the wind was bad on Thursday but yesterday looked way worse.

It’s not too often you see any debris on the ground at Augusta. I think I saw more leaves and stuff on and off the greens yesterday than all other years combined. Looks like today and tomorrow mellow out and heat up so expect some wild greens these last two days.

I hope the final pairing are tied at the top heading into the back 9 on Sunday. So fun to watch when that happens. Pulling for Scottie although Homa would be good too – Just not Bryson.

dirtywater

Not a golf guy really but I have a couple of questions.

1) Do the Masters birds chirp through the blowing winds or are they fair weather birds?

2) Is the Masters a PGA event? Are the LIV guys playing?

3) Is it true CBS wants Romo to help Nance.

A few years back there was actually a scandal around the bird noises being generated by CBS. Or maybe that was a joke? Remember it floating around the web.

Major tournaments are exempt from the liv/pga exclusions. The masters is an invite only event. A lot of the liv guys have one the masters or other majors in the past which gets them an invite. It’s performance based. But if you win the masters once you are invited for life.

Romo sucks.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

How does the scoring system for this pool work? Ive never done one. Is it pretty standard?

Thanks for putting it together. I was hoping for some Sunday drama but not sure we’re gonna get that.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

How does the scoring system for this pool work? Ive never done one. Is it pretty standard?

Thanks for putting it together. I was hoping for some Sunday drama but not sure we’re gonna get that.

Add up the place for each pick and lowest overall score wins. Anyone missing the cut was given a place of 61. All missing the cut was scored a 61

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well it looks like I get the bragging rights as the Master’s Master. Final standings were:

Me -101
    Eelpoutguy – 121
    Lindyrig – 131
    Dirty water – 131
    Bigwerm – 154
    BigG – 160
    JoeMX – 174
    Charlie’s – 229

Everyone had the winner.

Great tourney.It looked for a short time today that we were going to have a real tight finish. But in the end the worlds #1 player showed why he was the #1 player in the world. That Aberg is going to be a great player and had a great tourney.

dirtywater

Nice work thumper.

It can’t be overstated how consistent Scottie is. I usually root for the upset which often leaves me cheering against Scottie, so I’m frequently reminded just how dang good he is.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I wish he would show “some” emotion… coffee All in all a good tourney. Too bad Bryson’s putter wasn’t working on the weekend.. it could have been a battle ! chased

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I kind of thought that Bryson would not hold up all 4 days. He caught a little break on day 1 with his early tee time. Morikawa was the one who surprised me. I kind of thought he would be there at the end. Got to give it to Scottie. He played really well and avoided any major mistakes.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Do you think you could win the Masters if you started on the green at the furthest point from the hole on every hole vs the field playing like normal?

Despite me being a terrible putter, I’m going yes. Mainly bc every hole would be a birdie/eagle opportunity, I’d have a caddy from Augusta that knows the greens/reads inside and out, and the practice rounds would get me enough comfortability with the greens to make it happen.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Do you think you could win the Masters if you started on the green at the furthest point from the hole on every hole vs the field playing like normal?

Despite me being a terrible putter, I’m going yes. Mainly bc every hole would be a birdie/eagle opportunity, I’d have a caddy from Augusta that knows the greens/reads inside and out, and the practice rounds would get me enough comfortability with the greens to make it happen.

That’s a interesting one. I really don’t think I or most golfers could win. Over 72 Holes I don’t think you could end up at -11 or better. Those greens are just way to difficult. I know I would end up with my first put ending up off the green way to often.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would hope I could at least 3 putt 12 holes and 4 putt the rest. smirk

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.